Tuesday, July 3, 2012

COURT COMMENTS

I am using this posting as a "living document" by copying and adding any and all comments about the Court's action below so no one will miss any by not reopening the "comments" attached to each blog. I have selected some from the column on the legal aspects
Anonymous said...Someone needs to explain to me how anyone can say affordable health insurance. Individuals get the highest rates. Why can they not get group rates. They are in a group with all the other individuals.
June 30, 2012 7:12 AM
Dottie Gutenkauf said..
Another and perhaps better example of the Supreme Court usurping legislative powers was the Citizens United decision. That Court also invalidated a Montana statute (I believe it was a provision in the state's constitution) barring the kind of SuperPacs now emerging as the result of the Citizens United decision. We are already seeing the power of unlimited anonymous funds in swinging elections--think of Wisconsin, for example. June 30, 2012 11:55 AMAnonymous

Anonymous said...
like the democrats don't do this as well. please.
June 30, 2012 2:38 PM
Delete


BloggerAnonymous Anonymous said...
The idea that the government will tax someone because they don't have insurance just doesn't make sense to me.
My insurance (I'm self-employed) is very expensive. I am considered "high-risk" from a medical perspective.
What happens if the insurance jacks up the cost to say, $1500/month or something unaffordable for an individual?
Then the government is going to TAX me because I can't afford health care coverage?
What's next? Mandatory disclosure of your health issues to employers, so they can decide whether to hire you, because if you're a 'bad risk', you'll jack up their health insurance rates? Olive June 30, 2012 10:58 PM

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "COURT COMMENTS":

Yeah, that's right, let someone else pay for your healthcare. I know you, I've seen you hundreds of times. You say I'm healthy, why should I pay for something I don't need. then something bad happens-you fall and get a head injury,you crash your car (and if you think you car insurance will cover all your healthcare costs you are sadly mistaken unless you get a million dollar policy)and have 3 broken extremities. you get taken care of in the hospital and want to go to rehab-but you have no resources to go, then you blame everyone else and expect to be taken care of.

Rob has left a new comment on your post "MORE ABOUT ROBERTS RULING":

No Anonymous... I most definitely would keep my health insurance. I am not stupid. But there are plenty of people who are stupid and will use this as a reason to not carry it.
I don't believe in using Emergency Rooms for my healthcare nor do I believe in living off the government or expecting the government to make my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment