Monday, July 16, 2012

BOE meeting

 FYI -On BOE site;you may have missed it. Why attend?


 PLAINFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION
Plainfield, N.J.
Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Time: 6:30 p.m. PUBLIC SESSION
6:35 p.m. MEETING CLOSED FOR
EXECUTIVE SESSION
. SPECIAL MEETING
Place: PLAINFIELD HIGH SCHOOL
CONFERENCE ROOM
950 PARK AVE.
Board of Education Members
Mrs. Renata A. Hernandez, President
Mrs. Wilma G. Campbell, Vice President
Mr. Alex O. Edache
Mrs. Keisha Edwards
Mrs. Brenda L. Gilbert
Mr. Dorien Hurtt
Mrs. Lisa C. Logan-Leach
Dr. Susan Phifer
Ms. Jameelah Surgeon
Mrs. Anna Belin-Pyles, Superintendent
I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
IV. WELCOME
V. EXECUTIVE SESSION
WELCOME to a SPECIAL MEETING of the Plainfield Board of Education. Members hope you will find
the meeting interesting and informative. We thank you for taking the time to attend. Please be advised
this and all meetings of the board are open to the media and public, consistent with the Open Public
meetings Act (Ch. 231 Laws of 1975), and that the advance notice required therein has been provided to
the Courier News and Star Ledger on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 for advertisement on Saturday, July 14,
2012 and also provided to the Plainfield Public Schools, the District’s website, the Plainfield City Clerk,
Police Department, and Plainfield Public Library for posting.
WHEREAS, the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A.10:4-11, permits the Board of Education to meet
in closed session to discuss certain matters, now therefore be it
RESOLVED, that the Plainfield Board of Education adjourns to closed session to discuss:
 Personnel
 Legal, and be it
FURTHER RESOLVED, that the minutes of this closed session be made public when the need for
confidentiality no longer exists.(forever?)
The Board of Education will recess into its Executive Session.

10 comments:

  1. I will start attending the BOE meetings after the BOE election in November. The BOE member's are a disgrace. They are not transparent, they have not informed the community of any truth since the strike out team took the helm. I really feel so sorry for the children of Plainfield. The new Superintendent what a shame, what a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To 3:06, I would think that if you are so concerned about PPS you would attend the meetings on regular basis regardless of who sits on the board. You sound ignorant and the school system is in the better shape today than it has been in years.

    RB

    ReplyDelete
  3. RB I don't know what planet you serve on but the plainfield Board of Education is a complete disgrace to our COMMUNITY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Close the public schools. Send our kids to the surrounding school systems where they have a chance to learn and a chance at a life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with anon 11:50am. CLOSE THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS. The STRIKE OUT TEAM have turned this district into the worst school district in the STATE. STATE TAKE OVER PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon 9:33AM - speak for yourself. I have a lot more respect for this board than I have had in the past 10 years. Did you all expect a change over night? Shame, shame, shame on YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enough of these anonymous back and forth conversations. IN the future I reserve the right to only post anonymous comments that have an accompanying initials. (ix)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doc I agree with you. I must say whom ever stated that this board is doing their due diligence need to check again and I mean check fast.

    I moved to Plainfield 2 years ago and now I have to take my children out of this PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM and put them in PRIVATE SCHOOL.

    I am a single parent I do make a
    decent living, but I did not expect to have to pay these other expenses. My taxes are high enough.

    I went to the superintendent forum, my question were not answered, and to top things off the new Superintendent that was selected did a horrible job.

    I commend the 2 BOE member's whom did not support her, i know you have out children best interest at heart.

    I will be at the polls in November to make sure we get 4 new BOE member's that care about our children in the district.

    My children didn't choose this area to live nor did they choose this district to go to school, I did not it's time for all the parents whom have children in the district to statnd up for our children.

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Doc,

    The only comment I have is we have to bring on 4 new board member's. Remember anyone on the same ticket as the board member's sitting there do not support them. I will be watching.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. TO 9:33, I live in planet Plainfield and I hope, just like you do. Like I said you sound ignorant. Your post sounds more like politics than concern for our children and the future of our city.

    RB

    ReplyDelete