Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In KEUKENHOF


This is one of my all time favorite photos. Believe it or not this is a scene from the Netherlands's Keukenhof flower gardens. Not a tulip in sight. Obviously, there must be a story about this picture.

My wife and I were strolling through the gardens overwhelmed by the tremendous plantings of tulips. We had just crossed over a little brook when she said "You must take a picture of this".I turned back to see what she saw. A little brook with sunlight filtering through the heavy foliage and some leaves and petals floating on the water? Waste film on that? But being a surviving husband I felt that I had to humor her. Thus a serendipitous picture which I like so much that when I was President of the Medical Staff I had a print made for the office .

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture and wonderful story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete