Sunday, June 29, 2008

BY REQUEST

Anonymous has expressed an interest if I had been to Perce on the Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec. Yes, by car in 1948. Sadly, many the pictures had deteriorated before in the early 2000s I copied them onto CD discs. Many Agfachrome and Ansachrome slides of that area are completely worthless today. The original Kodachrome has stood the test of time fairly well. I have been told that today's digital images also change over a period of time. The electronic media deteriorates and with it the images stored upon it. If true, it would seem advisable to (1) transfer any photographs of value into digital images,and (2) recopy them every few years.

These two photos are pictures of the north shore of the Gaspe along the St. Lawrence River








The next two (right) are views of the "Rock at Perce" which is off shore in the Atlantic Ocean. It is a bird sanctuary and is the home of thousands of Great Cormorants. The final two shots (below) show the birds on ledges of the Rock with the reflection in the water and on a small outlying rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment