Saturday, June 28, 2008

Special Couincil Meetings

This is from the City Charter "Special meetings (of the City Council) upon at least 2 days public notice may be called by the mayor when he(sic) deems it necessary, and shall be call by the city clerk upon written request signed by a majority of the councilmen. The call for a special meeting shall specify the purpose of the meeting, and no other business may be conducted at such meeting"

Since neither calender or business days are specified in the charter I would presume that the writers of the charter intended calender days.

I had missed the June 20th notice of a special meeting on June 3o which would include not only the tabled liquor licenses, but also discussion on a contract agreement between the Kings Temple Community Development Corp., the New Jersey Redevelopment Authority and the city. On the 24th I had suggested to several council members that discussion on the pending action of the SHPB should be included in the special meeting agenda. There would be ample time to post notification. I can find no information about the meeting on the city official web site. Time is awasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment