For goodness sakes if you have something to say b e person enough to say it openly, not as a coward. If you are ashamed of your words don't write them. If there is to be a rebuttal it would be nice to know to whom it would be directed. The First Amendment can not be ignored, but don't use it as a weapon.
I know I use a pen name. However, I do not believe that my identity is a secret, nor have I made any attempt to make it one. When I was President of the MRMC medical staff I thought as a gag to get a special license plate "TOPDOC" but felt that too many could not appreciate a joke and believe that I was being a pompous ass. There is a story about "olddoc" but it is not relevant although in Denver it too started as a gag .
With that off my chest, enjoy this picture of western Scotland.It was taken from "The Train".
Dear Dr. Yood;
ReplyDeleteDon't mind those anonymous readers who love to spit their ill feelings behind an anonymous name. There are plenty. That's why is good to moderate all comments.
If people were really serious about making a difference with their words and thoughts, they would want to have their name, or their identity, attached to their comments.
Plainfield seems to be suffering a fear crisis, therefore the job for those few ones that dare, or are bold enough, to attached their name to their comments, is to serve as role models for the rest.
Have patience dear Doctor. Eventually more people will sign with their own names. But beware, because hateful mouths we will always have.
Just have fun with their comments and don't take them personal. From time to time one will actually feel sorry for the person who can write such ill comments.
Maria