Thursday, May 22, 2014

MAPP TALKS ABOUT HIS POSITIONS

For  quite a while I have bee requesting that the PCTV schedule weekly best but that days will do, be posted on the City site preferable on the home page.


 If someone had not sent me this Youtube link of Mayor Mapp's  public address on the day (5/19)before the Council's last meeting I would have missed his excellent defense of  his and the City's position needs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr_lAUXytdg
This is important a must view-17 minutes. Perhaps the Councilors might listen and drop all the c*** and for once act for the City.

If the link does not work paste it your address bar.

17 comments:

  1. Doc why is he using City dollars for personal use. This is unacceptable. GOD knows if Mayor Sharon Robinson-Briggs had done this they would have been sending this to the attorney general office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please look up the term personal use and then try that comment again. At one point did he mention anything of a personal nature? Is the COS going to paint his house with city supplies? The mayor is addressing the city regarding an important issue before the council - there is nothing personal or unacceptable about this speech or his use of the PCTV department to video it. You don't have to agree with the message to understand that it is his right and obligation to address the city as he sees fit.

      Delete
    2. Renee - Of course you disagree - being informed is so painful it must have killed you to listen to that. You are a great candidate for school board, I hope you make that part of your campaign literature "stop listening to information that might educate and inform" - I eagerly await the opportunity to not vote for you.

      Delete
  2. I have watched this VIDEO and I think this is a disgrace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious with this comment? How is an elected representative expressing his views and vision for the city a disgrace? Its only a disgrace for those that choose to not be informed.

      Delete
  3. Hi Doc I have to disagree with you on this one.

    A future school board member
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Constitutional right, thank goodness. But what are you disagreeing about? The package he wants to move Plainfield forward or the use of PCTV?
      Perhaps his wants are too grandiose, but the Council's actions are designed to maintain the status quo which will not improve Plainfield.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand the previous comments - I don't think they saw the same video I did. Mayor Mapp's points are clear.

    He sees having the positions has an investment in the city, to help attract businesses and to give better service to residents.

    I don't see where he is spending tax dollars on personal use. The money is being spent on a recreation director, a CFO, a deputy administrator with the express goal of retaining and attracting businesses and other positions that will only help the city.

    I can well believe Jerry Green was demanding to put people in place HE wanted. I imagine Mapp said no, and now Green is marshaling forces to block Mapp.

    One can only hope people will understand this, and will vote in new council people who are educated, who come prepared to meeting to do business, who have the intelligence and background to understand and solve the complex issues and difficult decisions facing the city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be a duplicate since I thought I had already written a "reply" to 2:27 &2:28 pm who are probably the same person.
    The PCTV is suppose to be an available public forum for local issues. Just as former Mayor Blumberg of NYC used the local Tv station and President Obama uses national TV to communicate to the public;Plainfield's Mayor should be able to use the local station to explain his reasonings. You do not have to accept them.
    If the Councilors who voted to not fund those positions would (a) give a rational explanation why they felt them to be not needed or (b) offer some workable program to bring new ratables and new life to this dying community I would give them serious consideration. They do not seem to be able to do either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like easy math and the election on june 3rd is easy math. We have a choice of supporting Ass. Green's candidates who will work to drive his non-existent vision for the future of Plainfield. They will support a person who in the many years in public service has nothing of substance to show other than creating chaos for his own benefit. OR, we can vote for new blood to work with the Mayor to move the city forward for ALL residence. Change is never easy for people but compared to where the city is today and the negative impact Ass. Green has had over the last 20 years - this is easy math.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's more disgraceful, the mayor explaining his strategy and the personnel needed for making Plainfield a better city, while fairly acknowledging who is standing in the way, or this former mayor plugging her favorite hat manufacturer?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQPT-sTv2NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon 4:35 - I am far from a SRB fan but I can't ding her for that one. Its goofy but she was promoting a local business so she gets a pass on that video in my book. Plenty of ways to point out her failures - just hate to stretch it too far when it did involve local business people.

      Delete
  9. Thanks Doc,

    Adrian’s video was a clear explanation of his vision for moving Plainfield forward by increasing the tax-base to stabilize taxes for everyone and improve the way the City serves all of its residents. It also describes the importance of having competent, experienced professionals in key administrative positions to make that vision a reality. Adrian also pointed out that for the last 20 Jerry Green has been running Plainfield for his own personal benefit as a wanna-be Mayor.

    This video is an ideal use by the Mayor of Plainfield to communicate the state of the city to Plainfield residents by using a City-owned media outlet to do it.

    What Adrian didn’t say on the video, was that on June 3rd Plainfield voters have a very important choice to make. If the Mayor is going to have the opportunity to realize the vision of a better Plainfield for all Plainfield residents, he needs a council that will work with him to make it a reality. For the last four and a half months, we have seen that “Jerry’s kids” on the Council (Brown, Greaves, Reid, Rivers, and Taylor) have voted against every program to improve the City, even to the point of almost displacing the residents of Liberty Village, just because Jerry opposes the Mayor. For 20 years we have seen the corruption and dysfunction that Jerry has created in Plainfield. If “Jerry kids” are elected on June 3rd, we’ll get more of the same corruption and dysfunction. Plainfield deserves better!

    Tom Kaercher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tom, You are wrong about Rev. Brown. From the door she voted for the pilot for Liberty Village, and more than half of Mapp's initiatives she voted yes. A matterof fact the council has approved more than half of what Mapp put on the table. Are they suppose to approve everything and not advise and consent. Why have a council?Just give Mapp a mandate to rule, oh he already has that, so he says.Rubber stamping everything is not good government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12:16 I agree, Rev. Brown has been a pleasant surprise. I was afraid her Sharfon affiliation would be an indication of how she would vote.

      Delete
  11. 7:26 PM, Your comment not published du e to the fact that you write the very substance of the bigotry that prev ents this community from progressing. "How come the people who live on the so called hill think that they are always right, and nobody opinion matters but the ones they give?.I notice how they look down at others and how they make sarcastic comments." echos Muhammad's constant blasting the 2nd ward as being against African-Americans.

    ReplyDelete