Tuesday, May 27, 2014

POST MEMORIAL WEEKEND POTPOURRI

Tonight the Council will meet and after a public hearing on the amended budget vote to accept it.

It is not too late for common sense instead of tunnel vision to be enacted
and for the Council to restore funding for those position which are essential for Plainfield to be able to compete as a civic center by bringing in new commercial enterprises to would be attractive to new residents who would enrich the city's ambiance. At the same time the upgrading of the city's atmosphere would also make it attractive to  enterprises that would increase ratables and employment. 

Monday afternoon/evening has  been a period of recuperating from a strenuous three days.  I note this because in Monday's Times there is an article about Obama's plans to have a federal rating systems for colleges and universities. I plan to write my concerns about this and similarities in the Health Care Field ASAP.

I do have a physicians appointment today which of course compromises my time for this report. 


No comments:

Post a Comment