About "48 Hours"; I consider it partially successful; enough so to make another attempt midweek.
Regarding Monday's Council meeting; The agenda items havw not changed from those mentioned and approved at the "Fixing"session.
Under closer reading I r ealized that the MAREE GROUP/VOLUNTAD PRODUCTIONS "Hispanic Heritage Festival" (Sept 2-14)plans which will require use of City lot#1, also calls for a PARADE on Sept 14, a Sunday,from West Front Street to Roosevelt Ave" . The times are not stated but will of course require closing the street its entire length.
These dates are also the same as the Garcia sponsored "Celebration of Central America Independence" fiesta which use lots 8 & 8A -north side of Front between Watchung and Somerset streets.
I like parades as long as I myself do not have to march. That goes back to my Army days especially Bastille Day in France (45). In fact the best parade I and Helen ever watched was in January 12, 1946 when my fellow 82nd Airborne Division troopers marched down 5th Ave NY in a Victory Celebration Parade. I had been separated exactly 10 days earlier.
Before I digress too far; this could be a remarkable weekend or a disaster so careful consideration must be given to all aspects before granting both requests.
The request from Habitat for Humanity" for as part of the " Homebuilders Blitz 2014" to close the block of West 3rd St in front of 1034 to build a home for a family affected by "Sandy" merits a resolution of approval That is provided that the family has already been identified.
Otherwise this is as bland an agenda as it stands as I have ever seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey Doc - please help me understand your comment regarding Habitat : "that is provided that the family has already been identified."
ReplyDeleteJERMOMONTY, good question. My impression from reading the documentary in the packet was that a family will be selected. I may be mistaken,and I hope I am. However to close the street on speculation that a family (local?) whose home was destroyed by Sandy has to be foundi is not fair to any residents or others who will be inconvenienced b y the street closure. By the way, it does not have to be a Plainfield family or a property owner.
DeleteOK. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I still don't fully understand, yet I don't have the packet to see ewhat you are referring to. Re: inconvenience - my understanding is that only 3 homes are immediately affected on that block and proper coordination with them will take place.
Delete