Thursday, May 1, 2014

PRELIMINARY BLOG


This 10:30 posting will substitute for Friday morning's blog. There will be one but I can't promise anymore than sometime between 10 am and 5pm.

I just returned from the Planning Boards second meeting on JFK's proposal to move the so called SER to the Kenyon House site.

I left before the Board was going to vote on the application. I hope they listened to Dottie Gutenkauf and turn it down if only that  for Plainfield it is  premature pending the report of the City's Consultants on the best use for the Muhlenberg Campus. 11pm Email report:: 5 yes, 2 no for preliminary approval.

I have learned third handed that Assemblyman  Green is monitoring Monday night a,I guess,  Town Hall  meeting by Congressman Holt at the same time the Special meeting on the  PILOT is to take place.  7:30pm is also the time for the Agenda Fixing Session. It will be interesting and enlightening to see which meeting the Councilors choose. Four Councilors are needed to have a quorum and five to pass any financial legislation although this might not so qualify.

On the subject of politicians; did you read the other day that one of the candidates for Rahway's Mayor was arrested for shoplifting about $25.00 of groceries from a  local supermarket? And how about the married Congressman  from Louisiana who was taped in a  passionate embrace with  one of his female staffers. He has decided not to run for re-election.

1 comment:

  1. Just got this blurb. do you think JFK new SER will be ready?good luck:
    CNN Breaking News


    The first U.S. case of MERS-CoV has been reported in Indiana, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday.

    MERS-CoV, short for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, is a type of coronavirus.

    Since the first documented cases in spring 2012, MERS has sickened at least 339 people in Saudi Arabia alone and killed nearly a third of them, according to the country's Ministry of Health.

    ReplyDelete