Thursday, May 28, 2009

SUBJECT-JG's POSTINGS

As I previously wrote an earlier and more pleasant commitment kept me away from the Mayoral Candidates Forum at the Library on Wednesday night. I like all who did not go will be dependent on the reports in the printed media and on the commentaries of the bloggers who with the exception of "Plaintalker" may be biased.

Earlier Wednesday I read Jerry Green's Page and to my amazement I read Jerry , the master of self exaltation, Green's claim that no blogger mentioned President Obama's nomination of a Hispanic to be the next Supreme Court Justice. I further quote him as writing; "Since no one has, let me be the first in the Plainfield blogging community to congratulate".

Jerry,if I am not in error, I posted my blog before 7AM that day in which I wrote that the two most important happenings were the North Korean 's challenge to the world and President Obama's astute choice, although not by name , Judge Sonia Sotomayor.

The rest of his blog has the usual threats such as: "I am going to keep my comments very brief dealing with some of the blogs and editorial opinions regarding my personal career, because I feel these people are dancing on very thin ice. Thank God I have enough money to keep them in court if they want to continue down this road. I will not be drawn into a situation where I leave myself open for a lawsuit." as well as the personal attacks on members of the "New Democrats" faction of the Plainfield Party.

I would call my readers attention to a commentary by PubliusNJ posted in Councilor Storch's post "Rick Smiley for State assembly". No one has so completely dissected JG's words.

It is obvious, that to the leadership of the Plainfield Democratic Committee this election is not about selecting Plainfield's Mayor but rather control of the local party and all the unseen benefits that arise from that power. That is why this campaign is deficient in facts but abounding in mudslinging.

Since we continually hear about personal influence and see pictures of individuals with people of importance I recall that not only did the Greeks have a word for it; "For God hates utterly The bray of bragging tongues". Sophocles" and "The smaller the mind the greater the conceit ".Aesop but I can add two more appropriate quotes "Conceit is God's gift to little men". Bruce Barton, and "The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none". Thomas Carlyle

And an old pedestrian saying; "If the shoe fits etc."

7 comments:

  1. those men in your closing paragraph illustrated no understanding nor relationship with God (since using the God and not god, you are referring to the Hebrew God)

    Perhaps you should have cited a person from the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Greeks had a Pantheon of Gods, Since I was not there when Sophocles wrote Antigone and thank goodness I never had to study classical Greek since Latin was an abomination, I do not know to which God he was referring but I would think Zeus. s for Barton's "God" all three major religions are based on the Patriarchs.and "The Lord is One" .
    Therefor there is no such thing as a "Hebrew God". Reflect on your statement and consider if you are being a religious bigot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc, maybe Assemblyman Green doesn't read your blog before he posts his?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To anonymous 10:34 - the Old Testament, sometimes known as the "Hebrew Bible," is included in the New Testament. Perhaps you should read "your" Bible more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doc, be glad you weren't there.

    The entire forum was a sham and a disgrace to our community. Those so-called "Women For Progress in Plainfield" have embarrassed the community with this weak set-up. No wonder so many of Jerry Green's city committee members, some of whom I know (and including some SURPRISING NAMES!!) are refusing to make phone calls on behalf of his and the mayor's ticket. They are embarrassed to be associated with this fraud. I think one of the reasons the majority of the audience was so outraged was because they are used to the League of Women Voters candidate forums, which are run quite differently, governed by a standard set of rules from the national and state league. To have the "moderator," a Robinson-Briggs partisan, wear red and read from her pre-written set of questions was quite offensive. Politically speaking, he mayor looked bad and she sounded bad especially when she listed hr accomplishments. When she read off her list of associations and accolades, some people asked, "well then why can't she get anything done?" The same went for Green. He talked at length about the amount of power he holds as well as his close relationships with leaders at the state and national level, so the questions people were asking were, "well then why are we in this sorry situation?" He looked politically pathetic sitting up there in the center of the panel. If Plainfield ever needed a picture of what is wrong with our town, they can remember Green and Robinson-Briggs there last night. Embarrassing. Shameful. Wake up Plainfield.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not fault him if he did not, but he did give me the opportunity to act "hurt" and more importantly have a subject to write about.

    I am not sure if the assemblyman has time to read any blogs except Dan's, but a staffer does it for him. I am convinced that he haa one or more ghost writers for his blog. They all do not read the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jerry Green is the great Political Puppeteer. His staff consists of puppets.

    ReplyDelete