I just could not keep quiet. I am somewhat disappointed that the only comments received from my extra long "A LITTLE POTPOURRI" were related to the roads, a subject that the administration and political candidates should but have not addressed.
Today I received the "Mark Spivey" newspaper, aka Courier News. Congratulations to Mark for monopolizing the front page. We are fortunate in having such a good reporter on our beat, as well as am editorial policy that permits in depth reporting.
To cut to the chase; Mark's report on the "Faith,Brick and Mortar" grant of 2.5 mil helps answer the question I raised. This is separate from the proposed request for $1.000,000.00 that the city's resolution will ask for. No one knows what influence JG had in the granting of FB&M's grant. He should be influential in the city's request. However, FB&M's grant must impact upon the city's request. Can administration justify the need? On track record I have more confidence that there will be better value for our buck- and it is our present and future tax money that funds all these grants-from FB&M than from the city's notorious policy of awarding contracts without competitive bidding.
I am still hoping for an "official" commentary and some from readers on this matter.
The lack of PMUA related responses is surprising. Since the city is obligated to include PMUA's delinquent claims in its tax lien sale , would thee not be a basis for challenging the removal of the sewer charges from tax related items? Where are pro bono lawyers we the public needs them?
Although I did not address the School Budget travesty in yesterday's blog I have earlier. Today (Friday) both Maria and PEPTALK have excellent postings that are "should be reads". .
I too consider the negative expression to be an indication of dissatisfaction with past school administrations application of funds and goals. It was also a condemnation of previous boards lack of knowledge about their fiduciary responsibility. Gourmet coffee in the superintendent's use should not b more important than a progressive innovative curriculum.
(minor editorial correction at noon)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spivey brings PMUA spending to light. See www.c-n.com
ReplyDelete