Friday, May 1, 2009

MAY DAY

Still having DSL problems. Yes IT can have its own downside. It took me 25 minutes to upload these 4 photos on dialup which I am using until either DSL works or I make a FIOS leap.

These were taken on the Danube ab ove Budapest along the Slovakia border. The first two are Esztergom with its famous basilica. The third shows the ferry boat that crosses the river to Slovakia. Noteworthy is the ferry which is a barge attached to a small tug which is also pulling its dingy. There is no pier to load the cars instead there is a hard top ramp dowm to the wateredge where contact is made with the barge's ramp The last photo shows Vac an ancient town near the Danube bend.








2 comments:

  1. Sorry the last picture was (a) not the one I thought I selected and (b) in Yugoslavia -"Tito".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confused? Click on picture to enlarge and note the "Tito" sign on the wall. I will post when I have DSL back pictures of VAC.

    ReplyDelete