I have been experiencing trouble with my DSL and expect to continue having problems. The provider, Earthlink has sent me replacement modems that have proven to be defective and also charging for tweaking my PC. The latter is an insult since this was something done in India which besides not being necessary messed up my photo programs. Net result by Wednesday I hope to be using FIOS. Those who have made the change have been very happy.
While I have a window of opportunity, I can sneak in an acknowlegment that JG sort of responded in his blog to my remarks on the FB&M grant and the City's application for funds.
JG also addressed the speeding problems parents are having in the vicinity of Emerson School. There are at least three "raceway streets" in that area and I am sure that the traffic division will be maintaining better enforcement vigilance. Too bad those electronic monitoring singes can't be equipped with cameras similar to those used on traffic lights to identify violators.
As JG wrote; "We, as a community, realize that it is better to proactively discuss issues rather than reactively, for in the latter, the damage is already done." Too bad our political leaders despite pleas of concerned citizens, did not follow that dictum before Muhlenberg was destroyed.
In case I can not access the Internet tomorrow,I am posting my quota of 4 photos. I hope I can find material and the ability for a meaningful post by Monday.Otherwise I will be a bystander.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Doc,
ReplyDeleteMuhlenberg Hospital was closed by Solaris. They closed it, reportedly, due to a business decision made by their board.
If this was a business decision made by Solaris, which it was, then that's the way the cookie crumbled.
Let's be accurate in who and how we blame people/ politicians/ professionals.
TSB
TSB, your barrels are firing blanks.Yes Solaris made a business decision,BUT it had to be approved by the Commissioner of H&HS.A CYA resolution be the Council, and the ASsemblyman's establishing a so called committee to find alternatives were not being proactive. Nor was the Board of Freeholders lack of action or our other representatives in Trenton. All could have put pressure to try to prevent the CN from being issued. The Council could have tried to form a coalition with surrounding communities and legal action to block or delay the closure were avenue that were ignored.
ReplyDeleteIn your defense of JG you are being blinded to the reality that politics played a major part in the outcome.
Doc,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds then that your quarrel would be more properly aligned if you were to fire your shots in the appropriate avenues of action, ie Health Commissioner's office.
Again, Solaris made a business decision, a decision that could not be thwarted by any policial schematic, as we saw, on the City, County, or even State level.
Tieing JG into the Muhlenberg closing equation is very ignorant, and I would posit that you were beyond such a thought. Again, it is baseless and ignorant in your attempt, you or anyone sharing such a thought, to tie JG into the closure of Muhlenberg hospital.
There is reason State Legislators and State Senators are commending and backing JG statewide because of his resolve in the matter, and his prudence and dedication.
My barrels are then, continuing to hit bullseyes, and the fruit of my efforts are quite evident.
No blanks here Doc, no blanks here.
TSB,You must be aware that no matter what business decision Solaris made they could not close Muhlenberg without the Commissioner's OK. She is a political appointee of the Governor. The process was political from the begining. If the politicians were interested in public health some means could have been found to keep this hospital open. Political pressure caould have helped but was wanting. That even you can not deny.
ReplyDeleteJG may have had prudence but he had no dedication to the people served by Muhlenberg his area. That was political. Final commentary on subject and no more of this exchange will be posted: the so called NewDems on the Council were team players in the Council's lack of action.