From comments that I have received I realize that I must make a clarification about my remarks regarding the City Engineer position. The non qualified individual was not the last appointee to that office. By the time the "New Dems" made an appointment the staff had been more than decimated making it impossible for anyone civil engineer to do the job. Whether the impoverishing of supportive staff was for budget purposes or because they had become superfluous due to the fact that work had to be outsourced as a result of the City Engineer's non qualifications is immaterial. A good source of patronage had been created.
I don't think there would ever be a reversion to the old way of doing things. But would it not be ideal if an "independent" cost study could be obtained to see what an workable staffed professionally headed City Engineer Office would be versus the present outsourcing to a non competitive but accredited vendor?
Possible? I doubt it:"Practical politics consists in ignoring facts." -Henry Brooks Adams (February 16, 1838 March 27, 1918)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment