Saturday, May 9, 2009

23 DAYS TO ELECTIONS

23 days to elections. So far the campaign has been mild with no rhetoric from most of the candidates. The two major aspirants for mayor have been relatively quiet, and the others seem to be phantoms. Could one or two have filed to create a distraction? Time will tell.

Unless I find some urgent material I don 't believe that I will have anything to post this weekend.
To add to my inertia I am having trouble accessing the CR disc with about 1000 slides on it. We shall overcome this minor technical difficulty but for the time being this is it.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Doc,

    Quiet is good. Hopefully they'll keep it that way and earn their votes by talking to residents, and while there will be some attacking, let's hope they keep it to a minimum, facts-based, attack of their own public service records.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can expect an onslaught of negative and nasty pieces of mail this week Doc, all focused on one candidate, Mapp. Jerry Green has been attacking him relentlessly on the assemblyman's blog, making up lies and spreading them around. I expect that he will try to do this in a series of inaccurate and vicious mailings even though Green has sworn off these. He did it 4 years ago when Al McWilliams ran and he did it last year when McWilliams and Mapp ran for city council. I hope the people can see that Green and the mayor like to tear people down. Green will not say a word about the other opponents, he is fixated on Mapp. We should all be focused on whether Mayor Robinson-Briggs deserves another term and carefully review her accomplishments over the last several years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there - you see who is going on the negative offensive. Maria and the other anon.

    They are right away attacking hte person. Just speak to any New Dem and all you get is a mouthful of negativiity. No mention the issues. Just personal negatiity!

    People should listen to themselves once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous 9:34PM: You just did us all a wonderful service by describing Jerry Green's blog perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enough with the New Dems talk, like we don't all have the same basic ideals.

    I wish Plainfield's Republican Party would do something here. I am getting sick and tired of listening to the same old blow hards.

    ReplyDelete