Thursday, February 18, 2016

CHANGE OF PACE



In the past few years this blog has too often focused on national and local politics. However, one of my original purposes when I first started to post my blog was to share some of the pictures that I had taken during my wife and my trips in the 60s through the 80s. About 15 years ago I transferred many of the slides to CD discs since they were degenerating as slides.

Today as a break from the present election year politics I have resurrected some pictures of the Danube. Bear in mind that these slides had deteriorated and also had dust spots which I never completely eradicated with the software that I was using

 The Iron Gate of the Danube at dusk


 
Approaching the Iron Gate

The Danube in the Wachau Valley

 The Melk Benedictian Monestary




View from Melk.  Note the RR and the Danube at the foot of the Mountain

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you for making my day brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love looking at your photos, and would like to hear more about your time in the war--that always interests me!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Doc. Thanks for all you do, and have done, for Plainfield's citizens.

    ReplyDelete