Too many individuals believe that they have the unmitigated right to use an other's blog as the soap box for their own opinions. We do not have to post what you send. And despite disclaimers each blogger has a responsibility for the content in their blog; and that includes comments.
I have over the years published 99% that were sent to me; many were attacking me form persons with vindictive narrow agendas. The few that I did not post had crossed the lines of verbal decency or racial bigotry.
As rhetoric will heat up come elections I will make the following ground rules:
- Any and all signed comments will be posted with the exception of those that are inflammatory in language or bigoted in content.
- No anonymous blog that make serious charges will be posted unless the author identifies himself to me. I will accept all request to publish anonymous upon receipt with a private explanation; ie "I am employed by the city". However I will require identification for my records and protection.
- The bland comment will be published as anonymous. My decision what is innocuous.
- Any other suggestions will be appreciated.:
- 4:30 PM: It stands without question that all comments that praise me will be posted even if anonymous. However I would hope that being anonymous would not be due to the fear of being ridiculed for agreeing with this blogger. Be it as it may I would like at least first names.