Sometimes we receive an Email from a child that makes us feel as if we, ourselves, have just received an award. This Sunday we received this from our son who is on the Columbia Presbyterian staff .
"The Dominican Medical Association (many of my patients are from the
"The Dominican Medical Association (many of my patients are from the
Dominican Republic) honored me at their annual Gala last night. I was
the only non-Dominican chosen, although the president said I had a
"Hispanic heart" in his introduction! It was one of the nicest things
anyone has ever done for me, and we were deeply moved."
(The inscription on the plexiglas "trophy" reads as follows)
Dominican Medical Association
Board of Directors
XII Anniversary Celebration
This Award Recognizes
Andrew Yood, M.D. Psychiatrist
In recognition of your commitment,
support and years of service in the
Psychiatry field and the community we serve
Executive Committee 2009 - 2010
April 18, 2009
New York
I am sharing this not only because I feel that we too have been honored but also this is an example of an ethnic group that can see outside the box. I believe his "Hispanic Heart" is a tribute to the values my wife and I tried to impose on our children. Too bad all of us cannot escape clanism and treat others as equals.
I am sharing this not only because I feel that we too have been honored but also this is an example of an ethnic group that can see outside the box. I believe his "Hispanic Heart" is a tribute to the values my wife and I tried to impose on our children. Too bad all of us cannot escape clanism and treat others as equals.
You should be very proud.
ReplyDelete