Wednesday, April 8, 2009

ONWARDS TO PRIMARY DAY

Well the candidates have been posted and for the next seven weeks it appears that the mud will be flying over the cyber waves. I expect that if I write anything good or bad about any of the eight aspirants for the nomination for mayor, I will receive a blast from the other's supporters.

I may and probably will comment why I believe one is more deserving then all the others, but I haven't reached that point yet. I am sure that all the "leaders" carry some baggage. Perhaps they have enough positive factors to overcome the negatives. I don't know enough about some of the outliers to dismiss them as not deserving consideration.

It will be a rough road to travel for those that do not have a strong faction support behind them. I also expect that there may be some switching of allegiance along the way.

I also anticipate that there will be some commentaries sent to this blog that are not pertinent to a particular posting. If they are in good taste I shall try to accommodate them.

That said I do not consider my self to be a "NewDemocrat/Republican". Certainly I am not an old "Team PlayerDemocrat". I consider myself to be a "Civic Realist" who was once proposed by the Republican party to fill a vacancy on the Council. My feelings were not hurt when the Council membership exercised their prerogative and selected someone else who was in their judgement better qualified.

No comments:

Post a Comment