Monday, November 10, 2008

VIVA LA FRANCE

My new slide scanner works with vista, the software for capturing and editing slides has problems, the best program stopped working despite calls to the manufacture and supposedly reinstalling the latest version I have to use two other programs for best results. Unfortunately the one that has the best editing tools has a weird quirk when scanning and saving the one that scans and saves the easiest has a poor editing interface. That is my problem and I will probably be "in France" for a period of time since I about 400 slides of that country to scan and review. I took many pictures of the same scene in order to get the best so there are many duplicates that must be looked at and the poorer ones nee not be saved for posterity. 2Here are four that I have been tweaking. My travelogue may been very interesting and I will try to show the best.

I would suggest that on many pictures if you click on the photo it will enlarge and in some there is fine detail that the compact size does not reveal.


Woman feeding the geese in the Burgundy Canal
Older couple sitting on the canal's bank
I don't think I would like to get my dinner out of the Seine
This is a traumatized photo that had faded-The Pont de Gard aqueduct. It has been computer edited to resemble a pastel sketch.
The Romans built well, the lowest level is used by a highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment