Saturday, November 15, 2008

PHOTO INTERLUDE

Perhaps I shall post my concept of words of wisdom later today. Instead of staying up to write comments about the new Administration as its seems to be taking form, I decided to relax hope all will enjoy these four newly scanned slides of France. There still are about 300 more to copy and cull before we can travel elsewhere in the world.

This is at the home of a Burgundy winemaker who had a small cellar and made enough wine to supply restaurants in Paris. We had a tasting in his winery, and I may show some slides but except for people who are long gone and forgotten I don't think they would be of interest.
You will note the small family cemetery in the yard.
Old vines
A postcard type picture,taken from the moving bus in Burgundy. There are vineyards in the center and a Chateau and Winery in the background.
A fast lens, high speed color film and good luck was all that was needed'
I am not sure where this was taken but I am leaning toward Cluny. The cyclists are French, just passing through. Cluny was the site of the Benedictine Monastery that was instrumental in preserving our culture during the dark ages.

When I have time, and I get one of the better software programs to work the same way every time I use it I shall try to tweak this one and see if I can adjust contrast and color and of course clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment