Wednesday, November 26, 2008

VIVA CARCASSONNE

After re-reading before posting today's blog I decided that it needed a major overhaul. It is more philosophical than earth shaking and I do expect to have it up before noon. Advice; don't wait up to read it.

I finally scanned the last of the "France slides" reproduced here. Appropriately it is a view of the entrance to the walled city of Carcassonne, one of the strongholds of the Cathor Heresy.

From childhood when I first saw a picture of Carcassonne in a book I had always wished to visit that city. Fortunately it was not touched during WWII. The walled city served as the set for the Arthurian movie Camelot.

Here are some shots starting with the first view of the city from the super highway that crosses that part of France. The second one is a telephoto view from the same spot.

The next three are a few views of the battlements, and the last is a view of the modern town well below the old city.







No comments:

Post a Comment