Thursday, November 20, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHTS NOV 20

The water alert, about which I and many others were not aware raises the question of emergency crisis procedures in Plainfield.I think the present plan should be published and maid available for public comment. Do not expect any plan to be perfect but those responsible for its administration should be open for constructive criticism.

If the alert had been a real one, how would we learn about it. Broadcasting on TV and radio would only reach those listening at that moment. The city's web site has it posted, but I checked it a day later so I have no idea when it was posted and who would routinely check that site for a warning posted.

More and more as Obama picks his Cabinet it looks like the return of the Clintons. Change apparently means return to the past. I hope we are not returning to the 30s, although it appears to be occurring.

The lame duck administration with a vindictive and uncooperative Congress is really powerless to stem the tide. In the two months until Jan, 20 , 2009 matters may become so bad that Obama will have no chance. What must be done should be done and the politicians should each stop trying to be god unto himself and work for the country.

Just because those egotistical stupid asses known as company executive officers continue to spend money on expensive meetings and fly in corporate jets doesn't make them any worse than the Senator or Congressman who would punish them by destroying their company and our economy. I think every one including their corporation boards should be the subject of civil and perhaps criminal action and monies recouped go to offset any funds used to save their company, Let the lawyers have a field day, but don't out of misguided righteousness punish the little people by destroying completely our ability to live.

While we would all like to see the fat cats get their comeuppance, what a catastrophe for the country It would be if GM went into Chapter 11. Too many people have their life savings or retirement funds invested in the automobile industry and those investments would be worthless. They would be destitute. Many do not realize that their own pension plan would evaporate. Yes the salaries and bonuses the executives in these companies have received has been obscene and perhaps the stockholders and workers can recoup some of those ill gotten monies, but bankruptcy means loosing everything. Anything that can be done to prevent that from happening will be worth it.Think about it.

PS: I don't own a share of stock in the automobile industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment