Friday, November 28, 2008

NO COLOR

I suppose that my yesterday was like most peoples. Did little constructive , had a great meal (cooked by my daughter), overate as usual. watched a little college basketball etc. Net result no blog. Instead I have four slides that had so disintegrated or were otherwise of poor quality that the scans would not be worth saving. Fortunately there is software that lets you play with the pictures and it is possible to produce a favorable reproduction, monochromatic or B&W, The first one is a Paris food market, I am not sure if it is fish or bread on the counter. The next two were also from Paris and show Madeline. The last one is the Pantheon's dome in Rome.

Until I had played with the scanned slide the figures in the dome were non existent. Part of the problem resulted from the major portion of light in the room coming from the windows in the dome and not having ultra fast film ..





No comments:

Post a Comment