(This was intended to be posted on Wednesday but somehow I was a day ahead of myself)
"is there anything you liked yesterday? At all? Your entire day? Maybe a good meal? "
This is " anonymous' comment to my Tuesday Random thoughts. I felt that it was not worthy of posting, however I did go back to read what I had written and still can not find anything that would merit the impression that I had an unhappy day either Monday or Tuesday.
My comments about our new President-elect reflected my conviction that his will be a constructive administration. Perhaps a misguided " anonymous" reacted to the term "centralist" with the impression that I as either an extreme rightist or a far leftist was disappointed that Obama doesn't plan to turn the world upside down. Anything is possible.
My remarks about the Council meeting do reflect an unhappiness that all Plainfielders should feel when a Citizens Committee authorized by the Council is given short strife, 15 minutes, to present its report. And to have this compounded by having the lame duck Council President criticise the report as non substantive and critical of the city government.
Plainfielders can not be happy if meeting times are scheduled for the convenience of the members of the city government. Council members, City employees, Board of Educations whether elected or appointed are all servants of the public with specific responsibilities and obligations especially when dealing in public matters. Obviously for meetings of public interest the time scheduled should be convenient to the public. To do otherwise indicates a desire to keep the public uninformed. The PMUA has become so autonomous that its meetings are always during the normal evening meal time.
My comment about publishing legal notices only in the Sunday edition of the Courier was a constructive valid one. The Courier does an excellent job as the only media that presents pertinent local news. "Anonymous" please read Mark Spivey's excellent article in today's Courier on CBAC's report and the Council's reaction Unfortunately the new format with the type point used in the classified ads section is so small that for many it is illegible and overlooked.
What did I like "yesterday" and today? I was up before 7AM, retrieved my newspapers from the driveway and lawn. Had a good breakfast- the most important meal of the day. In scanning the obituaries I did not find my name nor that of anybody I knew. I had a good satisfying evening meal, and was able to attend the Council meeting..
I feel that anybody who has something to say should not hide. Anonymous comments are as valuable as a Confederate dollar. Some that are not worth posting under comments like this one have value because they can be subject matter for a posting. I do take satisfaction in knowing that many anonymous take the time to scan my blog and I hope find poypourri interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment