The last day before we select our next President.
I still have not made up my mind about two well qualified men. Both have more pluses than minuses. Both have negatives that are not of their own short comings but are due to my concern regarding the influence of prominent party members.
Any how, for better or worse my analysis, not in the order of impact.
McCain: Too old,no he is younger than I am. Adenauer was "West" Germany's Chancellor, retiring at age 87. He is experienced in Washington politics and has proven that he is willing to work with Democrats. He is more of a "Centralist" than a "Rightist", but can he free himself from the reactionary and religious rights's intolerance? I believe he will be able to do so. His approach to the health care problem is as stated not realistic at this point. The biggest problem is that in this economic crisis time he will be saddled with a Democrat controlled Congress which we fight many of his programs. I believed he as an individual is the better qualified of the two.
Obama: Too young,not really. He is a smart politician and has superior people skills. I believe, and sincerely hope, that Race will not be a defining factor in the election. We know that there are extremely biased individuals on both sides but this country has over the past three decades elected state governors and mayors of both sexes and of all ethnicity. Perhaps he is too socialistic for my tastes, but my biggest fear is the influence that Pelosi will have on his administration. Regarding universal health care , after alm ost 50 years of prectice I distrust the impact of government control of the health system. WEe need go no further than Muhlenberg, or the restrictions onmedications under Medicare programs.. His inexperience in foreign affairs can be mitigated by proper selection of advisers. If he chooses wisely the country will have an outstanding Presidency under Obama.
On November 4th I am going to cast my vote for one of the two, which one ? , whether he is the winner (I hope) or the looser is immaterial, I will have done my duty as a citizen in a manner that I hope was for the best interests of our country , not my own agenda.
GET OUT AND VOTE and may your choice be the same as mine.
One final note, once the new President is inaugurated almost all campaign promises will go out the window. That is the lesson of history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment