Thursday, June 6, 2013

THE PLOT THICKENS



OZ is returning to normalcy. The first Monday of the month is the normal date for The Council’s Agenda setting session. However because that Monday is the day before the Primary Elections it was scheduled for the upcoming week. But the Monday after the election is traditionally the day the Plainfield Democrat Committee holds its reorganization meeting the scheduled date was Tuesday June 11, 2013.

Of course there is another conflict; that Tuesday is the date of the County Democrat reorganization meeting. Three Councilors are also members of that committee and since it is rumored that our own Jerry Green is seeking the County Committee chairmanship their presence at that meeting is important. Thus, rather than having a minimum quorum deciding the agenda, the Council meeting has been resceduled for  7:30 pm Wednesday  6/12/13 in the City Hall Library not the Court Room.

As suspected; but not as anticipated supporters of  Mayor Robinson-Briggs filed on election day the names of not one but for two Independent candidates  for Mayor at the November elections. Both have been politically active locally.

One, D. Scott Belin has been Chairman of the Zoning Board of Adjustment and was board chairman of the city's first charter high school, Barack Obama Green Charter High School. His  sister is the present superintendent of the Plainfield Public School System. Since membership on the influencial Zoning Board  is by appointment by the Mayor, there is a strong Briggs affiliation. Additionally the BOE  that selected Anna Belin-Pyles. As the Superintendent are all members of  John Campbell picked slates and Campbell’s son is running on the Republican ticket for Green’s Assembly seat there is a possibility of a large number of anti-Mapp Democrats and Anti-Green Republicans combining to make this a close race.

The  other new candidate, Mustapha Muhammad a member of the Nation of Islam who called has himself "student of the Honorable Louis Farrakhan." And who has been at the side of the Mayor  will appeal to those who are dedicated to racism and religious hatred**; just what Plainfield needs.


Do not forget that even though his leader  advocates a separate “black state’ he is entitled by  the constitution he would destroy to the same rights as you and I..

It is these two new Candidates who will set the tone of the election process for the  next 6  months.

** The Southern Poverty Law Center has identified the Plainfield “Nation of Islam” organization as one of its (SPLC) “Hate Groups”.

8 comments:

  1. Can't blame that last statement look at how Muhammed carries himself. Enough said. I guess we can look forward to him back at the mic. Boy I can't wait. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roland Muhammad, the mayor's ally and frequent commenter at City Council meetings, is not the same person as Mustapha Muhammad who just filed to run for mayor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok to have a hate group like that here.... How many times has Rev. Al brought his medicine wagon through the city ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc, always entertaining to read your blog, WWII stories are best. Your political views not always so. You seem to know alot about this D. Scott Belin gent and his affliations. Have you ever met him or are your views deductive reasoning? If the later, I would suggest meeting him and having a conversation before attempting to paint him with such a broad brush. I know him and your writings are way off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10:54 Sorry you don't agree with my "political views". Regarding D.Scott Belin, my knowledge is hearsay; I have never met him personally. I do know that he is an involved public citizen; as characterized by his long time service on the most important Zoning Board. The PSS connection and reference to the Campbells is of course as indicated conjecture but I believe not without merit for a unknown independent candi- date to appear out of the blue. He needs political support; where does it come from?
    I am always happy to meet and talk with concerned Plainfielders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Belin corrected me - he was never chairman of the charter school board. The news article I referenced was written (or edited)in a confusing way and led to my misinterpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OldDoc,

    I would like to sit down with you and discuss Plainfield and hear some of your views. In the meantime, please visit my website in prepartion of our talks. Best regards, D. Scott Belin, PMP

    www.putplainfieldfirst.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Belin, happy to meet with you. Perhaps you can send your email address since I can not reply to authors of comments to blog.

    ReplyDelete