Thursday, June 20, 2013

NOON AS PROMISED



As a retired physician whose practice encompassed the “Golden Age” of medicine  I have occasionally posted articles on what I consider the grievous state of today’s Health Care.


Once again I started to post such an essay for today but my thoughts rapidly expanded in so many  tangents ( and my typing is so slow) that I am postponing that chore for today since it would be impossible to meet the target I had mentioned.


Obituaries are not considered to be a subject of humor. However in Wednesday’s Star Ledger there was one that I consider to be a landmark in originality  and perhaps a model for others to follow. I will quote parts of the Obit sans names.


“**** got in the TARDIS on June 17,2013 and has left for places and times unknown”-----


“Surviving are the rest of humanity, including*** his father---; his wife of 45 years ***,whom he met in 1964 when he had the good sense to take Latin classes on the then all-female Douglass campus”---


“Expressions of sympathy may be made to MoveOn.org or any other-non profit organizations that Republicans term “Socialist”  and that seek to keep banks, Wall Street, insurance companies, politicians, and other traditionally greedy and untrustworthy  groups in line “


This person must have been a remarkable individual to have a family member write  such a great obituary.

For the uninformed; TARDIS is the  English phone-booth time machine in the BBC long running  "Dr. Who" TV series. There have been numerous actors  over the years in the role of Dr. Who. The designated audience  was children but many adults have found this a most worthwhile show.

2 comments: