Sunday, June 16, 2013

FATHER'S DAY STORY

Happy Father's day to all who qualify.

Did you read Mark's story about the Texas Wiener spot on Watchung Ave?

It  can be a part of a "Father's story". My four children-they are now in their 60s- to this day have a fond memory of those dogs  associated with their dad. When they are in town they  occasionally if their stomach permits will still go and get one.

In the 50s when we lived on Kenyon Ave and my office was on Park Ave.; twice a week to accommodate patients that could not come in the day time I had office hours from 7 to 9 pm. How times have changed.

The kids would not go to sleep until I got home. After closing my office I would drive downtown and pick up a Texas Wiener for each of them and of course for Helen and myself.  To this day they often talk about that treat and also the impact the  Fire/Air Raid Siren  on a pole nearby had when it would  blast in the middle of the night.   


No comments:

Post a Comment