AnonymousJune 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM
To
Rob, adding to your comment, Reid is one of two council members
(Greaves is the other) who haven't paid their taxes on time. They are
multiple quarters in arrears. Given that scenario, it is easy to see
why they do not care about others paying fines.
If the above is true, they and any other municipal official or paid Commissioner owes the public an explanation. I can understand one quarter backlog; however if any city official elected or appointed is receiving treatment different than that other individuals receive there must be an explanation.
If there is no basis for that comment the writer must post an apology or else be considered subject to action for libel. Anonymity is not a cloak to hide behind; the node source of any email can be legally traced and he author so identified.
Congratulations to Jerry Green for being elected by acclimation to the Chairmanship of the County Democratic Committee. We will wait to see if it will help our city.
Tonight's Council meeting should provide Bernice and I with material for several blogs this week. I reiterate that it is most regrettable and anti-public interest to have eliminated the Public Comments on resolutions to be discussed.
Congratulations to Jerry Green for being elected by acclimation to the Chairmanship of the County Democratic Committee. We will wait to see if it will help our city.
Tonight's Council meeting should provide Bernice and I with material for several blogs this week. I reiterate that it is most regrettable and anti-public interest to have eliminated the Public Comments on resolutions to be discussed.
OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Guess what lol... wasn't even referring to either him or Vera NOT PAYING THEIR OWED TAXES.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely and simply don't get into reading the list of people NOT PAYING THEIR OWED TAXES. I wouldn't even bother commenting much on people NOT PAYING THEIR TAXES and feeling they are better, above and not like the others about NOT PAYING THEIR TAXES.
I was referring to past due court fees etc. The anonymous commenter ( which you know I too am not a fan of "anonymous" ( he/she does post a lot )).
Were the anonymous commentater referring to specific individuals NOT PAYING THEIR TAXES it had nothing to do with Bill Reid in my comment on his trip home from Sister Holier Than Thou. As I am sure that would illicit Bills venomous reply, "If you don't like it...MOVE." Mine was in reference to him sitting in the middle of a corrupt local Democratic leadership role and somehow playing God and dictating what he feels is morally correct.
But, oh, hey Bill... I'm sure with the new Mayor paying taxes will be a priority ( Can you say COLLECTION AGENCY )... So if you don't like it... MOVE.
I think it is so unfair to talk about people in their hard times. Adrian Mapp was so far in dept until he sold his sole to Essex County for a job for him and his wife. People felt extremly sorry for him when the letter went about him not paying his bills on time. Please people stop this. People are falling through hard times and but for the grace of GOD there go I.
ReplyDeleteRenee