Monday, April 11, 2011

Trtue Story

My "grandies" left at 7:30pm to drive part way back to Ohio. I did not learn of any newsworthy  happenings in Plainfield  over the weekend so will have to wait until the newspapers come in the morning if I find material for my blog.

However I can not hold back a true story. The place and the individuals  must remain  unmentioned; Sunday night while the Masters was still being televised went to dinner in a nearby eating establishment that had  a TV on in the dinning room. There were only a few others  there since it was still early so my Granddaughter asked if the station could be changed to show the golf tournament.

After a while I noticed that there was text scrolling across the screen reflecting the announcer's words. The manager also noticed it and asked the individual who had  adjusted the TV about it, and we heard his explanation; "I did it for the blind people"

A true story.

5 comments:

  1. You call it Oz (I believe that I have read all the books Baum wrote on Oz, 15 or so), I like to think of it as Shamefield,NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more. If you ever go up to a drive up cash machine which is on the drivers side, the keys have both normal numbers and braille numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But w e know that there are many that drive as if they were blind.Good point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me laugh everytime I think about it!

    ReplyDelete