Wednesday, April 20, 2011

2011 PRIM ARY

Once again Jerry Green has opened  the 2011 Democrat primary campaign against whom ever is running as a "New"Democrat opposite  his anointed candidate  with the old innuendo blast of wrong doing  by the administration that preceded the present disastrous one.

This time Cory Storch is the target.. At this point instead of emphasising  Tony Rucker's merits, the party leader is focusing on running another negative campaign.

At least the relationship between that of the Council President blasting  Roland Muhammad  and Assembly Candidate Green as well as the Mayor is out in the open. Muhammad has spoken about the money wasted on pipes as well as the  McWilliams administration having a "drinking party train" to Washington inferring that it was at public expense. How did this citizen who was only concerned with his Recreation Department sponsored baseball team have knowledge of these events? Has he become the unofficial voice of the Plainfield Democrat Leadership?

It is immaterial that before she became "Acting City Administrator", he (Muhammad) has sat next to the Mayor in active discussion  at Council Meetings. It may be only  coincident that once again Councilman Green has mentioned those matters in his  blog on April 19th. Non the less this uninformed citizen has the right to request Assemblyman Green to publicly supply all the information about that infamous train as well as tghe "pipes"..

The pipe issue  also needs clarification rather than innuendo. This of course has to do with the new Storm Sewer pipes  for the  East Second Street repavement project which WAS started while McWilliams was Mayor. To the best of my knowledge someone presumably as a result of old city engineering records  of the lines or the engineering plans had specified the wrong size concrete pipes. At the same time I believe that the contractor  ran into financial problems and the Bonding Company sent an engineer here to evaluate the situation.

What settlement was made was never made public and when I questioned it years ago no answer was given as it had been under litigation. The settlement was made during the present administration but I have no recall of ever seeing it  made public or accounted in any budget. That I may have missed .

But once again the Assemblyman is bringing up a charge to discredit an incumbent candidate. Green owes it to the voters to provide all the details.

Again references are made to real estate deals that have benefited Corey's family. If they were resulting from the Councilman's political position that would be improper and should be documented. However, he who accuses others of real estate malfeasance should also make public his own success in real estate. One instance would be the windfall from property in Rahway Linden. Does the Assemblyman invest in rental properties? Nothing wrong there unless his political position could have contributed to a profitable investment.   I have no knowledge of any such happening but raise the question because he himself  broached the subject so many years ago that I have forgotten the details.. 

I have written that I will not take a position of supporting any single candidate. I am not egotistical enough to believe that I could influence voters. However, I can not conceive either of the two 2nd Ward Candidates to be the type to indulge in a mud slinging campaign. Last year it backfired even though Councillor Burney never actively participated.

Charges made must be substantiated. The caliber of the candidates will be measured by their response to a campaign of unsupported charges and innuendos.

1:43pm Errata; The Street involved with the pipes was North Ave not East 2nd Street. Thanks to Jerry for posting the explanation from "Mrs. Fox" (sic). It seems that the city's utilities plans were  wrong. Also it is good to know the  owed $40,000.00 fees  from that administration. were to an engineering firm. Perhaps they were responsible for the error in North Ave Plans, or South Ave, or even the omission of curbs on Randolph Rd. when  Woodland was repaved.

3 comments:

  1. Doc...Jerry is the victim here.
    I am sure IF..and that's a BIG FRICKIN "IF" Jerry made ANY money off that property he immediately donated it to charity.
    How could anyone imply he would make money off dealings with the very public officials he does business with. That's not the Jerry Green any of us know. I am simply waiting for him, due to his incredible need and desire to be seen as above the law, show us the financial reports of where he donated the accidental profits due to that sale. He would never point a baseless accusation with such filthy laundry in his own closet.
    I am sure he would love an opportunity to show all of us where the money went to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jerry and our current mayor need to come very clean and be very transparent if they expect it from others. I don't think Jerry will be so dirty in this election if he has to come clean about his own transactions. I ask you, how does one become rich from a part-time job, even if it has lasted forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would send this to the assemblyman's blog but since it won't see the light of day I'm sending here:

    From Jerry Green: "I am happy that one of Cory’s supporters was kind enough to apologize on behalf of he and Dan’s friends, and I will publish his quote:

    'Assemblyman Green, I am not a fan of yours. In fact, I believe that your approach to politics has truly hurt our city. That being said, please accept my apology on behalf of my fellow resident(s) for referring to you as a "dog". We can disagree on the issues, we cannot resort to the dehumanization of others.'"

    Anon, you are familiar with the words metaphor, simile and is? You draw a conclusion that someone referred to the assemblyman as Canis lupus familiaris (a dog). Not so,they were attributing certain anthropomorphic behavioral characteristics to the assemblyman. Is it not common for humans to use animals as stand-ins, avatars, to describe human behavior?

    ReplyDelete