Frustrated, although I had no intentions of writing a blog this weekend, checked the" beautiful" weather this Saturday and with the promise of a similar day on Easter. I checked the comments to my recent blog to see if any needed a reply.
To the two comments on yesterday's blog" Patients are not Consumers", I spent time twice writing a reply but not only would the site provider not post it but wiped it out.So out came Dragon Speak,Therefore I am using this blog as a means to reply to Nat and. Dottie:
Nat, you are correct, we are spending billions for the armed services that could probably be spent elsewhere however this money is being spent by us on because the United Nations has once again failed the world when it comes to human rights. Our operations in Afghanistan and Iraq are aimed at eliminating a narrow minded society which is without regards to individual rights. If only we could do that if Syria and the other Middle East totalitarian dictatorship. At least in Libya the European Union countries have also become involved not because they abhor dictatorship or terrorists but because this country is a major source of oil.
But where is the United Nations when it comes to the African nation such as the Ivory Coast, Liberia, Sudan, and the Congo as well as all other nations where genocide has been the rule and not the exception in the past few decades?
Certainly, are military expenditures may be more than all the other nations combined, although I would like to see proof of that fact. This holy season perhaps we should chalk that up to religious righteousness. is unfortunate that too many cases those in charge are in inept and in their arrogance. Treat those that we are supposed to be helping as inferiors.
I for one, a World War II veteran who in 1945 was able to walk on Hitler's bunker's ruins, do not regret any money we spent anywhere in this world to combat the repression of human rights. If only the rest of the world would also act for humanity.
Dottie, I have not forgotten you and I know that you are too wise to really believe that digital records such as those required in Medscape are free from being subject to violation by those who should have no access to them. There are great concerns with the requirements for electronic records and their true value, which I shall go into in detail in another blog, I hope Monday.
Suffice to say the world is paved with ill advised good intentions by social day dreamers who would vision a practical but improbable answer to all problems. They are among those who believe information technology is the answer to all problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Doc, as you often cite World War II relative to events I offer this. American industry invented untold new methods to produce weapons during the war, tossing aside old ways that many people looked at as removing workmanship and quality. Events demanded change and one of the hallmarks of our society has been its ability to embrace change.
ReplyDeleteThe only way to supply health care to the masses of today is to embrace anything that helps to control the 'war' we face with healthcare and that is cost.( We probably keep to many records of healthcare activities, but in todays sue first and sue often society it is a must. That would have been the first thing on my list to tackle in a healthcare revamp.)
Corporate America has done very well managing its systems across the world using computer technology and this technolgy will and must be used in managing individual patients records. Yes put in appropriate safeguards, yes review procedures often and revise them when necessary but embrace needed change.
You got me there. Here's the latest on military spending: http://www.realclearworld.com/blog/2011/04/us_military_spending_vs_the_world.html. It's only 42.8%-still a hell of a lot.
ReplyDeleteMy only point was that we spend a lot of money being policeman to the world that could be better spent in our own country.
I'm not a Neo-Con and in my opinion the war in Iraq was a waste of time and American lives. I can understand why we are in Afghanistan.
Full-stop blog post don't lend themselves to detailed nuanced discussions. Whether, these countries becomes a functioning 'democracy' remains to be seen.
Iraq, a British invention by the way, will more than likely end up with a three state solution, Sunni, Shia and Kurd, even if it remains on paper a single state. Afghanistan will end up a tribal confederacy In the end the Middle-east will be more democratic but democracy as we know it is a long way off.
7:01am look for a future blog
ReplyDeleteDoc, I don't get your criticism. You posted a link, I tried to follow it, and wasn't let in. I don't have any problem with keeping medical records confidential to be shared only with appropriate medical folks, and I don't want to see anybody else's medical records. So why did you post a link to a restricted site? (Or was it the Dragon that did that?)
ReplyDeleteDottie, sorry I did not realize that it was a restricted link. It quotes Obama when he signed a bill removing a requirement affecting the Health Care laws. Supposed every MD's office had to fill out this form for each year's supply purchases? This is an excerpt from the article.
ReplyDelete"I was pleased to take another step to relieve unnecessary burdens on small businesses," Obama said in a statement.
"Small business owners are the engine of our economy and because Democrats and Republicans worked together, we can ensure they spend their time and resources creating jobs and growing their business, not filling out more paperwork," he said.
The law repeals a requirement in last year's healthcare overhaul for businesses and landlords to file a Form 1099 document with the Internal Revenue Service for purchases of goods and services exceeding $600 a year.