"By their words you shall know them" the quotation has New Testament origins* although this is not a literal translation However, it is true in the writings and speech of politicians, columnists, bloggers, and those who I shall define as pseudo-bloggers.
None are immune to valid or erroneous interpretations of their focus by the audience (readers). Too often the author's reaction confirms the critic's initial impression justified or not. However, in this Nation we have the right to express ourselves. Even those that express hate or use vulgarity do have that privilege However they can reach a point where they have overstepped legal barriers including libel and slander, or commit what by character and threats can be considered a "Hate Crime".
We bloggers like to receive comments to our postings. That indicates at least one person is reading our efforts. There are other ways of checking including the number of visitors to a site, the origin of the visit. These are primarily designed for commercial purposes but I am sure that all dedicated bloggers take advantage of such services.
Who would I define as "Pseudo-bloggers" This is the group who use a nom-de-plume to comment to every issue by multiple bloggers. By the use of the pen name they give themselves an identity but are no better than the anonymous submitter. Whether they mean it or hot they are cyber-parasites.
We all post most of their submissions although we are not required to do so. I will continue to do so only if there is new substance and not a repeat of previous attitudes and statements. I. myself, would like to know in confidentiality their identity.Other wise I can no longer treat them as better than the anonymous writer.
CHANGING TACK; Monday night the Mayor made several statements that people questioned: the first was that Bibi Taylor's resignation caught her by surprise, that it stated "immediately". In other words there was no courtesy period to allow finding a replacement. I believe this to be a fact. There is a question as to the date the letter was received at City Hall, in the Mayor's office, and by the Mayor herself which is not material.
I fault Taylor for not acting in good faith. I criticized the Mayor for not contemplating that at person of Bibi's pride would not return to work, but instead take advantage of the months leave to look elsewhere. There should have been a plan "B".
The other comment was in relating to the "Scarlet Letter". The Mayor claims she had not knowledge of the "letter" until it was shown to her Monday night. Come on Mayor, how naive do you think we are? If it was placed in the mail boxes and distributed somehow to various department offices during the day time, would not some one alerted you if your office also had not received a copy? Or, a have you isolated yourself so that you are out of touch with the community?
Now that you have been publicly alerted, you must inform us what steps you have instituted to apprehend the scoundrel(s) responsible. If there is no delay allowing destruction of the hard drives the copiers and printers are equipped with the time and possible identity of the perp will be a given.
* Matthew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not exactly Doc.
ReplyDeleteYou shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:16
More befitting-however is: Ezk 2:6
And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house.
Bibi did what anyone with common sense would have done, hence, the Mayor being surprised.
ReplyDeletePer the letter...I may be wrong, but my money is not on an employee of the city after reading it.
I'm betting on one of your biggest "Fans" Doc !
She's made references to your age more than once.
I can and do appreciate your recent "random thoughts" regarding "pseudo-bloggers". However, I am still unclear as to exactly how you are going to differentiate between these and "anonymous" bloggers.
ReplyDeleteWe all do note in these blogs and on Clips, etc, that there are those who do "protesteth too much" and many are concealed behind pseudonyms or anonymous. For example, take the person or persons who is / are attempting to get Plainfield residents more focused on exactly what is happening in our city's charter schools. There have recently been some very interesting and questionable bits of information about the arts charter school in particular, which may be cause for someone in the state or the DOE or even our local politicians to at least take a look- see into it more closely.
Maybe some person or people are afraid to say something because they are afraid of reprisals, especially if one or more is currently working at one of these schools and wants to get the information out but sees that no one is paying any attention because certain things are still going on and no one seems to be doing anything at all to investigate.
That may be why some are asking other Plainfield residents and those who really care about our city and our children's education to help by keeping up the dialogue so just maybe someone who is able to will take notice and find out for him or herself or for themselves what is really happening behind the doors that are supposed to be wide open to all.
Thanks Doc. I hope you can use this in your blog.
Unfortunately, the mayor and the council was duped by Taylor because she was probably looking for another job while on maternity leave. In the future, I hope the Mayor and council will put forth directors and administrators who care about this city. So much for the residency ordinance. But then again, Al also routinely waived the residency requirements. You need people from our community.
ReplyDeleteTAP, your concerns appreciated.AS usual I will post or reject if I feel the comment is appropriate.
ReplyDelete1:54pm, when I wrote "not a literal translation" I thought I was inferring that it was a paraphrase. Sorry, I am well aware of the Biblical origin.
Rob, not her style at all. I do have a suspicion about the author.
3:45pm, you are right nut what I am referring to is the repetitive type comments sent daily to multiple blogs. Even some anonymous have patterns. The majority anons that we receive have valid reasons for not wishing to be identified. I would honor any request from someone who wishes to be publically anonymous, but I do have the right to wish to know the identity of the author of any comment especially if there is a charge of wrong doing etc.
Nope not her style at'tall!
ReplyDelete