Monday, April 4, 2011

SPECULATION

Unless this mornings newspapers or input from other blogs provide new information. other than the redistricted state plan,*I and the rest of us will have to wait for tonight's Council meeting for answers to any of our concerns.

I look forward with interest to see who will get the 2nd Ward  Democrat party line now that Tony Rucker has entered the race. There are others who I thought had  a lock on the nomination. I would be "Ivory" sure that it will not be Storch.

On the other hand Green is a consummate politician who knows when it is in his party's best interests to compromise or to back off.  I can not believe that he is supporting the Mayor in her continued  antagonistic relationship with Council. To repeatedly present  Resolutions  that the Council has reject such as the emergency funding meeting (second time called)  or the Constable issue is inflammatory and I am sure that the local party leader does not condone those actions.

I am sure that the  City Administrator disaster caught him by surprise.and that he like many of us id not believe that Taylor would return to an obvious  strained relationship working situation.  One can surmise  that Green may have had  an invisible finger in Taylor's finding a suddenly opened County position.

There will be a reflection in Council votes in that may give  an indication if the Mayor has lost  Green's support.
*added 7:12am

9 comments:

  1. They have all been notified!
    http://justiceinplainfield.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fish rots from the head down!
    I've seen sources that place it in China, Russia, Poland, England, Greece and so on..., but with no evidence of any sort to substantiate those claims.

    What it means is when an organization or state fails, it is the leadership that is the root cause.

    Our problems in the streets don't start there, they start at the top!

    I've been away for a while, who is this TAP?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more inclined to think it was Sheila Oliver looking out for Bibi.

    As for Chairman Green, the most graceful and productive gesture he could make would be to remain neutral in the primary and the determination of which prospective City Council nominees get the party tag.

    We owe it to ourselves to have a ranging debate over issues and methods, unclouded by the political infighting that gets in the way of, shall we say, everything. This is a time for exploration and discovery, and for the people's will to come to the surface. No backroom dealing is going to get us where we need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Abandon hope all ye who enter here:'

    Alan take off those Utopian sunglasses. Jerry neutral, are you kidding. Jerry will dictate who will run on the party line.

    An aside to Old Doc: I started listening (Audible books on my IPOD) to 'Jerusalem, Jerusalem' and it's very good. From his tone and presentation, I suspect the Jesuits got their hands on him, you can tell he is extremely well read in the works of Flavius Josephus.

    Warning ancient Middle-Eastern history is my passion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blackdog:
    Rotted fish, yum, and yum.

    Rotted fish was prized by the Romans in antiquity and it was one of their biggest export items. It was called garum which was made by allowing fish and fish guts to ferment, rot, in clay containers. We still use it, today, especially in East Asia. If you had Thai food it is usually flavored with it, you know fish sauce and it is the ancestor of ketchup an Worcestershire Sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer nước mắm when I cook as opposed to the chinese version of fish sauce which is heavily inflenced by soy sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Al was mayor, he also placed of same items on several occasions before the Council.

    I guess it was OK that he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To 9:17, you are so right. I remember there was a period of time when Al did not have a City Administrator nor Director of Administration of Finance at the same time. However, this is still not good practice to walk these resolutions on to the floor.

    ReplyDelete