Thursday, October 8, 2009

TRUTH OR LIES AMONG BLOGGERS

In case this was overlooked yesterday when I posted it I am repeating this portion of my blog. I am very disturbed if the Mayor did claim that we named Plainfield bloggers deliberately lie. She must justify by item , date, and author to validate that claim otherwise I consider it libelous.

I wrote. and today Dan and Marie have similar postings:


The newer media is the Internet and the use of official sites plus the Bloggers. There are several classes of bloggers, those you should read and contemplate their postings, those that you will read but hide behind Anonymity or an untraceable Nome de Post. Those you should judge by the tone of their writings. Always question the validity of facts written by someone who refuses to make his/her identity known. They can slander, libel , distort and present falsehoods as facts that the receptive person will take as truth. I know of at least one in this group who posts periodically.

If as reported Mayor Robbinson-Briggs yesterday told the Seniors that the "Plainfield Bloggers"are guilty of lies about her and the Plainfield politics, I take extreme umbrage if she is referring to this blog writer. I demand that she identify verbatim and source by date of any blog I have posted that contained a deliberate falsehood. If she can not I will accept a public apology at the Council Meeting.

Since the "Plainfield Bloggers" consisting of Dan Damon as Plainfield Today, Bernice Paglia as Plainfield Plaintalker, Maria Pellum as Maria's Blog, myself, plus the political candidates Jerry Green, Jim Pivnichy, BoVastine are the only ones that write and accept authorship for their materiel about Plainfield matters perhaps the Mayor could further identify the specifics she referred too, otherwise if she has misspoken she should retract those words.

I might add there is a suspicion among the bloggers who are proud enough to sign their name that there are one or two anonymous bloggers and/or comment writers who are acting as message senders for Green/Briggs. Since no relationship could ever be proven without a confession this is purely conjecture and not an accusation. However there is too often common syntax and phraseology to be ignored.

7 comments:

  1. There are indeed some comment writers who want to show how wonderful Green and Robinson-Briggs are. They are so transparent. When I wrote about the problems with Connolly Properties and that David Connolly is a slum lord, any reader could easily tell which commenters worked for David Connolly or were David Connolly or his wife.

    Even if you don't give your name, at least be honest about what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>I might add there is a suspicion among the bloggers who are proud enough to sign their name that there are one or two anonymous bloggers and/or comment writers who are acting as message senders for Green/Briggs
    Oh Doc, yes we "SUSPECT" wink wink..nudge nudge that it MIGHT be Mayor Jerry's or Assistant Mayor Sharon's message "senders", but some of the comments are far to inarticulate to be anyone but Mayor Jerry himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Robinson-Briggs is referring to the bloggers' posts she might have a tough road ahead, but if she's including comments in her definition of blogs she probably has a point.

    Regarding the current administration there's an almost unrelenting negative tone to the reader's comments which makes the positive ones stand out. Many are quick to point out those they perceive as shills but rarely does anyone challenge those who feel it's their right to constantly insult and belittle.

    In the comments there's no shortage of conspiracy theories as to who's in bed with whom and why, and by volume alone most have to be untrue. So in that sense there are certainly many untruths floating around in the Plainfield blogs.

    My suggestion is to not take it so personally and to continue to look for and write about the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloggers lie all the time - by telling selective bits of information, kust like Glen Beck on Fox news, you all lie. She is telling the truth and you know it!!!

    You slant the truth your way. You never say anything good about the administration. It is a lie - you are a lie!

    She will NEVER apologize for telling the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8:42-I suppose that I should not have posted your false negative response. Even if you were right Jerry Green would never post it, However you are right "She will NEVER apologize for telling the truth" nor should she if her remarks are the truth. Neither I or the others would expect that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear 8:42

    There are plenty of antidotes in the media to Glen Beck. If you don't like the bloggers in Plainfield there's a simple solution: start your own blog, that way you can "slant the truth your way".

    ReplyDelete
  7. These administrative and political figures will tell everyone that anything that is perceived negative by the public is a lie. They are willing to spend our money on non essential matters, waste money through contracts to friends, and raise our taxes until you call them on something.When you call them on a decision they made or wasteful actions all of a sudden the public is not telling the truth. They need to give it a rest. If they aren't willing to stand up, they should get out of Plainfield politics. That includes the Green Machine!

    Anonymous for fear of retaliation by those in "power"

    ReplyDelete