This past weekend the Star Ledger announced its support for Independent Candidate Daggett. From the editorial; "The newspaper’s decision is less a rejection of Gov. Jon Corzine and Republican Chris Christie than a repudiation of the parties they represent, both of which have forfeited any claim to the trust and confidence of the people of New Jersey."
Tuesday the Gannettt papers held a Gubnetorial Candidates meet the News Editors session. Governor Corzine did not attend. Both Daggett and Christie were impressive with their responses to questions.Both clearly expounded their views and although I have felt that Daggett was the best of the three candidates I was impressed with Christie's position on government reform where he called for a constitutional council to meet and make recommendations. He also wants the law to require such review and revision if needed at a 10 year interval.
In a three way race it will be difficult against strong candidates to win a majority. Daggett predicts that he will get 36% of the votes and that would be a plurality over the other two and elect him.
He ignores the fact that the other 64% will be split among Corzine and Christie.. and the portion Corzine receives out of that group of voters will decide the election. .
There is no question he merits strong support, except the wolves of both parties will be a Daggett's throat denying him any legislation that would reduce their golden eggs.
LOCAL POLITICS: I have not had any response from the Democrat Candidates to my questions, 3 days left.
I am posting here a response I made to a comment to this mornings blog on the Council meeting. I hope that the individuals concerned will help clear up questions raised at the meeting:
With all respect due I can not jump to conclusions since due to the convoluted explanations I could have had an erroneous interpretation.
That said I think that (a) the Corporation Counsel should publish a public opinion if there is any question of legality, and (2) The City Administrator needs to make public exactly what he was trying to tell the Council.
If they wish to use my blog as media I will post their comments unedited as a separate posting.
If any one, including the local party leader Chairman Green, wishes to take advantage of my offer it remains on the table but not indefinably.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment