Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Oct. 7th. 2009 C

There is a "Green lemming" that sends me his anonymous comments accusing me of being angry to be angry because it gives me pleasure and I bore him, Two errors: One I have not picked him out to bore. and two, I only become angry when some slight of hand maneuver has been done at any government level and a jerk defends it as a great beneficial action.

I am not angry but deeply disturbed that the Political Leadership in Plainfield acts as if this should be a "Police State" and use the police to deny citizens of the right of free speech. Two incidents are most disturbing, the Mayor having the Police "forcefully" remove Jim Pivnichy from the Senior Center for asking her questions that she did not wish to respond. The earlier episode at the reorganization meeting of the Plainfield Democrat Committee as reported in Plainfield Today also smacks of abuse of Police power by political leaders.

Maria's abuse from Sergeant Burguess with a threat of arrest would not have been condoned by former Police Chief Driscoll, or deposed Chief Santiago. Neither would have bowed to political pressure.

This is one of the fall outs from the change from a Civil Service level head to a politically appointed one. The latter is subject to forces the Police Chief can resist.

We do not need "Brown Shirts" in any form in our City.


Back to "Monarch and the Senior Center". Mark Spivey wrote that Dashields s aid that the Developer still needs to file a master(???) deed with the city in order to effect a separation between the building's senior center and its housing units. But he doesn't anticipate a problem due to the city's contract with Fishman"

I am puzzled since the only contract I am aware of is the one between UCIA and Doroch (Fishman). Has Councilar Mapp been given a copy of the one the City and Fishman signed or is some of the papers he is looking to find.

With all due respect to Corporation Counsel and UCIA and facilitator Green there has been inference about some sloppy legal work involved that may cost the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment