I have received almost simultaneous comments from TSB and anonymous stating that Councilwoman McWilliams had an emergency committee meeting with the county over the IT question. These two? readers are apparently possessors of information to which unfortunately I am not privy.
Never the less, I found Councillor McWilliams' reasoning expressed in her blog as consistent with my own reservations about passing this ordinance. The issue is not the need for an IT division or whatever, but the best way of accomplishing this. The administration has had 3+ years and at least $153K without creating the desired results. The City Administrator has had two years on site before this became an urgent without delay matter. None of this is compatible with an in depth review and consideration of the problem. If the Council acts tonight to create the position it is doing a disservice to the people.
The two comments I mentioned I did not post because they were using them for political purposes. Anonymii (I hope that is the Latin pleural) stick to subject not personalities if you wish me to print your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
also briefly, 'anonymous' is an adjective. even if a person is labeled as anonymous, that word is still describing the object, which is the person..
ReplyDeletethus technically there lacks a noun ending in the Latin, but in jest, passing anonymii off as an SAT word to unsuspecting audiences is fine by me. Haha
Ciao
One correction - the meeting was on Thursday, not Friday.
ReplyDeleteTSB is absolutely correct,anonymous is an adjective,even though it is being used as a identification or a noun. A person who wishes to be anonymous is "anonym".. English 102.
ReplyDeleteNow that we have settled that, I would much prefer that the anonymous person refer to himself as for example TSB or "oldgoat",etc.. Be a personality not an adjective. .
I'd be wary of whomever the county sent to discuss the IT budget--the county, with its budget, isn't exactly a bastion of fiscal prudence. Also, why would a county person assess the need for an IT person in Plainfield and not in some of the other large municipalities in the county that are doing just fine with consultants or a part time person? Doesn't pass the smell test, and I hope Councilor Burney heeds the word of the people and practices transparency by making sure the administration gives more information before creating yet another possible patronage job.
ReplyDeleteAs I understand it, Annie was the one who requested the meeting and called the meeting, obviously hoping that the County would say Plainfield did not need the director. When the County did not puppet McWilliam's position, she is now discrediting the County person.
ReplyDeleteMcWillaims has proven to be double faced on this issue. Why bring someone in, call a meeting and then say the very person YOU brought in is not credible?
What else will she double talk on? A big disappointment as far as I am concerned.