Monday, December 7, 2015

DANGER




As I write this blog I recalled the fact that Monday Dec.7 was the 74th anniversary of that “Day of Infamy which would forever” However little mention was present in the media. Instead the front pages and broadcasts focused depending on their political leanings either pro or con about Obama’s Sunday night Oval Office speech to the people.

My own opinion was that it was a sugar coated reaffirmation of this administration’s (to me illogical) foreign policy. Yes he admitted that International Terrorism was a problem that all nations should unite to suppress. He offered nothing new for the fight.

One statement that Obama made to the effect that no American Troops were going to be committed to die on foreign soil was politically motivate to placate those who would adopt an “Ostrich defense”; hide the head in the ground and therefore there would be no threat.

In the 1930s-1941 isolationism was one of the major forces that did lead to Pearl Harbor an event that occurred when I had been married exactly 29 days. This not only led us into a war against an aggressive Japan but also against Nazi Germany.

I mention this because Trump’s rhetoric in his attempt to become President is reminiscent of Hitler’s in his early Munich days when he was considered a harmless Buffon. When he was appointed Prime Minister he rapidly made Germany a police state appealing to the dissatisfied masses who were suffering from an economic depression plus the after effects of the First World War loss of prestige and national pride.

Hitler was a true demagogue who as fodder for scapegoats focused on several groups that appealed to the masses. This included not only the Jews but any other ethnicity that he could claim as not Aryan. He preached hatred and a nation accepted it.

To hear Trump taking advantage of our countries fear of the possibility of a terroristic attack by going to prohibit any Muslims from entering this country is a tactic similar to Hitler’s. Forgotten in the wake of San Bernardino is his attack on Mexican’s as murders, rapists,etc: Trump infers that Muslims are all murders that would kill all “Christians”.

In his drive for supporters he has focused on this nation’s largest religious denomination as the target of an entire other religion. And, he is attracting large numbers of zealots that would approve of his abrogating our Constitution protection of individuals’ civil and religious rights.

I wrote this several days ago; “We should be in fear and reject any political leadership that embraces a fundamental religion and advocates a Theocratic dictatorship rather than the freedom of worship allowed by our Democracy.

Above all do not damn all Muslims because of the violence of a minority. Treat them as equals. They will unless you are a bigot. Make as good a citizen as you or I.

I may sound as paranoid as the Ledger's attacks on Christie,but I am convinced  that Trump is a danger.

16 comments:

  1. In order for the masses to accept the vast majority of fine, Muslems as "equals", they are going to have to stand as a group and publicy denounce the actions of the radicals. Until then their silence is "deafening"

    ReplyDelete
  2. To raherk. And where were the Christians standing as a group and publicly denouncing the actions of the radical Christians against Black American Slaves and Black Americans today? Oh that's right, they were under the hoods and in the bleachers cheering their fellow Christians on as if at the Coliseum. What is demanded of one is demanded of the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who operated the underground railway? African Americans? Who were most of the 600,000 Americans that died during the Civil War? Who were Jack Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson who championed the Civil Rights legislation of the 60's? Let's get past it Siddeeq. Remember the song in South Pacific, , written by a white guy to the detriment if his reputation, "You have to be taught to hate". Listen to it, and learn. You ain't helping anything.

      Delete
  3. Many Christians, like myself marched in the 60s for equal rights. Many of us were beat up and arrested. Trump would like be the man who played God, or Hitler, or whomever you choose. Most Christians don't support the radical, fascist, political right. I have many adult students who are Muslim and I do not fear for my life, but am happy that they work hard in class and are models for others. I have read the Quran and am reading it again. I still don't see the justification for bombing, but Christians have used the Bible for years to justify slavery, bombing churches, and lynchings. The Quran is on the head of my bed next to my Bible and I read both. We have much more in common than what's different. Remember locking up the Japanese Americans during WWII or the McCarthy era in the 50s, or Jim Crow. Let's not be embarrassed again by doing shameful things in the name of security and fear. If fear guides us, then we are doomed and deserve a crazy like Trump who will lead us to destruction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be truthful Siddeeq. Why are you condemning a whole group of people for the actions of a few? My family had many Christians at that time and ran a part of the underground railroad from Va to NY at their own peril. We fought and died in the Civil War to end the wrong of slavery!
    But in Muslim countries slavery and other atrocities against other human beings is commonplace.

    Two wrongs do not make up one right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Siddeeq El-AMin: You are making my point. You did not take the radicals to task. You only justified their actiolns as similer to other atrocoties. In your examples, good people stood up against evil and said/did something about it. I personally have stood up for Blacks in situations that may have been uncomfortable for some. I am currently promoting equality for the LGBT Community in my area. My whole point is that I believe the "silent majority" is waiting for an outcry of disgust from the mainstram Muslem community aganist these, dare I say, "Muslem Radicals".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trump is an operative for HRC. Bet on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon 9:55 I am confused about your point. HRC :"The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality." That is not my impression of Trump

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure anonymous means Hillary Rodham Clinton.

      Delete
  7. Why do you keep spelling "Muslim" wrong? You done it too many times for it to be a typo. The misspellings makes me question how genuine you are at understanding Muslim people and their faith.

    Richard Stewart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, was this addressed to me. I have always been a lousy speller as a result of being a sight reader not a word reader. I also with my one finger hunt and hit typing make lots of typos. However i can find no misspelling in this blog.

      Delete
    2. Old doc is was to raherk.

      I understand from previous blogs you use software and such to draft your text. I appreciate your effort to get your message across. My point was toward spelling Muslim as Muslem in his comments.

      Richard

      Delete
  8. Raherk, under Sharia Law in Muslim controlled countries,the LGBT are the first group to feel the heat. And from what we see in the news, it ain't pretty!
    In my opinion the true radicals are the moderate Muslims who stand up to the status quo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point...and I apololgize for my lousy spelling. No offense was intended.

      Delete
  9. Geller said it was “bone-chilling” the way Obama invoked Fort Hood in his recent speech on San Bernardino, “For years they denied it was a terrorist attack. They were vigorous in their denials … calling it workplace violence.”

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he was referring to raherk's muslem spelling. Today they use muslim but moslem, which was in use prior, means the same thing.

    ReplyDelete