Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Thank You

To all who sent me birthday greetings; thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

To those who added flattery; I must admit that I truly enjoyed your words. Who would not? But; it will only get you the same  "THANK YOU". Please, just once more tell me how great I am, I might believe you.

Since no one asked how I have managed to reach belated middle age; I will not tell you that it was by eating no red meat, not smoking, nor what ever the TV experts tell us to do. No, I did not even follow the advice that I used to give patients.

Seriously, I have always like a balanced meal with vegetables** as well as the meat/sea food-potatoes basics. Fresh fruit has always been a staple item. I do eat junk foods, so dietary habits can not be an answer.

It could be in the genes, my parents lived into their eighties. However the family has lots of health baggage such as a tendency for Cancer and Type II Diabetes s well as Glaucoma; so that is not the whole story.
A
I never was a real cigarette smoker, but always liked a pipe and still have  a dormant collection including one a village priest gave me in Belgium during WWII. But I haven't smoke in 20 years because it bothered my wife who had to stop when she had  the Flue.

The truth is that I must have some cat in me and have used up at least 7 of my lives. I firmly believe that someone likes me and is watching over me as there have been too  many close calls not only during the war but also in civilian life.

Whatever it is I will gladly accept, and keep on  blogging and auditing Council meetings.

** Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Spinach are favorites, and my stews always include Turnips and Parsnips.


1 comment:

  1. Happy belated 95th, Doc! I too enjoy Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and spinach. Heck, I even like broccoli! But I kind of doubt that will give me longevity. You rock (as the kids would say)!

    ReplyDelete