I have excerpted parts of an email that Pat Turner Kavenaugh
sent to Peter Briggs, The Mayor’s husband and I believe President of the local
NAACP chapter.
“Peter: had I heard from the Mayor's campaign that she was
ill, I would have cancelled tonight's event.
I left for the Library at 6
pm, so checked my phone answering machine and email when I got
home, in case someone had tried to reach me on behalf of the Mayor (My
boldface)
I had hoped to attend the NAACP event Sunday, but was tired from the rainy FOSH garage sale and the Crescent Concert program. Bernice covered the NAACP event, and pointed out that Councilman Mapp was not there. She estimated the audience at 15. There were about 120 people at the library tonight.”
“We asked the two candidates to arrive at 6:45. Councilman Mapp was in place. The LWVNJ vice-president for voter services was there about 6:20; she trains moderators statewide and came some distance to handle tonight’s forum.”
I had hoped to attend the NAACP event Sunday, but was tired from the rainy FOSH garage sale and the Crescent Concert program. Bernice covered the NAACP event, and pointed out that Councilman Mapp was not there. She estimated the audience at 15. There were about 120 people at the library tonight.”
“We asked the two candidates to arrive at 6:45. Councilman Mapp was in place. The LWVNJ vice-president for voter services was there about 6:20; she trains moderators statewide and came some distance to handle tonight’s forum.”
“The moderator shut down the event close to 7:30. She told me about
six minutes later someone from the Mayor's team approached her and asked to
read the Mayor's statement, which has, apparently, been distributed to Bernice
Paglia and Mark Spivey..”
“The Mayor is always affable when we meet, and, I believed,
you and I have a decent working relationship.”
Read Bernice’s blog
before you judge the Mayor too severely.I may post some comments this afternoon, since I have no time this am due to an appointment.
Hi Doc,
ReplyDeleteEven with a doctor's note, not many will believe Sharon's excuse and remember, that it comes on the heels of the last minute cancellation of the high school event. It sounds like this "illness" did not just come on yesterday, so why not a phone call and why a long explanation at the last minute. Sharon lost many people last night and this "illness" won't excuse as it fits a bad pattern with Sharon.
Bob Bolmer
Ask her for a doctors note. LOL
ReplyDelete