Friday, May 3, 2013

BELATED BLOG



Four weeks before primary day and up to now the sound waves have been nonexistent. Perhaps there is active campaigning at the ward district level but for someone isolated as I seem to be all’s quiet on the political front.

I know that will change for in several ways this primary election is a critical one for Plainfield. It could represent a needed change from a personal cult to one of organized plan leadership.

Dottie Gutenkauf a dedicated public advocate who without being an office holder has had a major influence in local politics has taken a definitive stand on the Democrat Mayoral race. She expressed her concern and position in a recent blog; and I quote excerpts:As mayor, Sharon has been a dismal failure.  The turnover in department heads has been disastrous, and the city’s finances are in disarray.  The City Council hasn’t been given a budget on time for years.”
“It’s time for a change in Plainfield’s City Hall!  I have no doubt that Adrian will conduct the business of the city in a professional manner–without the hugs and kisses–and that he will be able to get things done appropriately and in a legally proper way.  I believe he can put an end to the constant bickering that has prevented much of the City’s business from being done properly for so long.  I believe he understands that the mayor’s role is to work with the City Council, our legislative representatives, and the freeholders, and our citizens–and to bring together all of us to improve our city.”

The only change I would make to the above would be “It is long past time for a change”.

At last Jerry Green, Chairperson of the Plainfield Democrat Party has realized that personal feelings should not impact upon Plainfield’s well being. It may not be too late to repair the damage from the present administration.

Monday night’s agenda setting Council session has time spent for comments on the proposed 2013 budget, the setting of a hearing schedule, and the appointment of a Citizen’s Advisory Committee, and a resolution to adopt a temporary budget for June.

We may have an approved budget in Place for the seventh month of the year. At least 50% of anticipated funds will have been spent before an educated allocation can be made. Since there is a real question on the derivation of anticipated income;
I am sure that much more than 50% of this year’s available funds will already have been spent.

If local political powers that be would entertain Robert Darden’s constant request for a ‘Forensic Audit” the results would be disturbing. Since in the last 25 years at least two other concerned citizens have repeated the same request, the response is preordained.

Once more the Council is denying itself of the opportunity of citizen's input on proposed legislation by not having a public comment period; a feature of previous Councils, prior to their brief discussion.

1 comment:

  1. Dottie reciting her voting record with Sharon and stating in the same post that she is and has from day one been an ineffective dolt and yet she PROUDLY voted and supported her at every turn merely points to Dottie's irrelevance to anyone but herself.
    The last time one of my friends made a statement like that, I asked them if they knew they were an idiot..
    Apparently Dottie's friends are less honest with her.

    ReplyDelete