HALLELUJAH, there is hope for Plainfield!! !!!!!
In one respect I am glad that after vacillating I decided to go to the Special Council Meeting Monday night. Since the major issue was the "layoff plans" and a 1 hour executive session was to precede the Public meeting, I knew that I would be waiting in the hallway outside the Court Room for a period of time past the 8pm scheduled start.
The "company" was great and the friendly chatter made the wait worth while. I am not sure of the exact time,perhaps near8:30pm we were permitted to enter the chambers . As soon as the meeting opened it was moved and voted on to go into executive session. All except those who had received a written noticed of the meeting were again obliged to leave the room and wait in the Hall'
Then after about 15 minutes a bolt of lightning must have struck. The Council showed an unprecedented consideration for the public and decided to move the executive session to another part of the Police building. The mob could now sit and wait. The Council was concerned about the public.
I decided shortly after 9pm to return home,a wise decision since Plaintalker report the public session restarted at 10:30pm. This simple courteous act gives us hope that in 2011 the Council will listen to the public and be proactive.
More later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment