It has been two weeks since I emailed an open letter (posted in this blog) to the Governor and to the Director of DCA. AS anticipated although I had hoped that I would be wrong, as of this morning I have received no answer from either party.
Perhaps this story from the NorthJersey,com (The Record) would explain why. Read the full story and extrapolate why it costs so much to run this State.
"A career Democratic politician will collect more than $5,300 monthly after resigning from her part-time government job on the day she qualified for a state pension.
Susan Bass Levin, 58, told the Local Finance Board via BlackBerry on Oct. 29 that she would retire from state government Nov. 1, according to a copy of the message released by the board. That was the day she reached 25 years of New Jersey government employment, entitling her to early retirement and lifetime health benefits.
The Local Finance Board, within the Department of Community Affairs, oversees municipal and county spending. A spokeswoman for Community Affairs did not indicate Friday whether an immediate successor — to be named by Governor Christie — is in line."
This is why NJ pensions will be the first to run dry in 2018. People at the trough better enjoy now, because the times, they are a changin'.
ReplyDelete