Friday, November 12, 2010

MONDAY NIGHT IS A-COMING

Monday night, 11/15/2010 the Council will hold its delayed Agenda session. I have concerns whether the Council will be able to accomplish all the normal business that must have accrued in the past 4 weeks plus discussion on proposed amendments to the belated 2011FY budget.

If I may dare to make a suggestion; if the meeting is lasting beyond 11PM that the Council move to "adjourn the meeting to reconvene Tuesday night", or Wednesday which ever is more convenient.
This is a legal procedure and no additional written notice need be published. The reconvened adjourned meeting is part of the regular meeting.

I make this suggestion because I can not believe that any group that has been in session for over 3 hours can operate efficiently and effectively. The Council starts it executive session between 6 an 6:30PM so by 11 they will have been in session 41/2 hours.

3 comments:

  1. You are so right Doc and I can't figure out why the City Council won't do this or have two sessions a month. This city needs them to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a prime example of why Plainfield is in such a mess.

    I suggest letting the Council decide what is best for them. Focusing on things like how to run a meeting is the wrong focus.

    Focus on results and hold them accountable to results. Not meetings-per-month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the position you have consistently taken, Doc, that one meeting a month just isn't enough--things pile up and have to be dealt with in a hurry without sufficient thought and consideration, and--because of the lateness of the hour--without significant public input.

    ReplyDelete