Monday, June 21, 2010

TONIGHT'S AGENDA ITEMS

Items of interest on tonight's agenda:

The Mayor's request for "advise and consent" five community members to the "Plainfield Advisory Commission on Hispanic Affairs" Resolution R192-10 Question, by naming the Commission "Hispanic" not "Latino" are Haitians (French) and Brazilians (Portuguese) excluded from membership?

Under unfinished business (discussion no action) two items; Proposed draft of Ordinance change relating to Council's control functions over the management of city finances" and appointment of Court Administrator(?).

Council Resolution requesting State to appoint a temporary CFO, there may have been changes in the wording from the agenda setting session wording. R191-10

Transfer of line item funds. This involves budget funds that were not used either because position was never filled or not expended due to lack of need. Last Monday the City Administrator was questioned to see if there were unspent funds that could be allocated to the Library. R193-10

R 210-10 to "Authorize Approval to enter into a contract agreement in association with the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) and the Plainfield Housing Authority in the amount of $500,000.00. This must have been discussed last Monday after I had left the meeting and at this time I have not read the resolution to comment on it. There is a fair amount of money involved and I was under the impression -probably wrong- that the Housing Authority was at least semi autonomous. I hope to see the resolution prior to the meeting.

There is enough on this agenda that any concerned citizen should attend the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment