I have a comment at the end.
Yesterday's mailing by Jerry Green on Rebecca Williams was Jerry Green's mailing. Not mine.
Rebecca 's campaign has had one theme: "Jerry owns Rashid. Vote for Rebecca". Jerry Green does not own me. He is a powerful force in this City and I work with him when I agree with him. When I disagree with him I work hard to get him to see things my way.
My record on the Council stands for itself. My support of gay rights is well known: I initiated and got passed equal benefits for same sex partners of City employees. I held a fundraiser in my home for the Plainfield Pride Film Festival. I fully supported Ray Blanco from day 1. I would never condone any gay bashing.
Rebecca has tried to make this election about Jerry and there is a lot of hate in this campaign, as evidenced by the mailers and Dan Damon's blogs. At this late date, can we move beyond the Rebecca psychodrama with Jerry? Can we get past the endless self-victimization by Rebecca? I think we must.
Rebecca has tried to make this election about Jerry and there is a lot of hate in this campaign, as evidenced by the mailers and Dan Damon's blogs. At this late date, can we move beyond the Rebecca psychodrama with Jerry? Can we get past the endless self-victimization by Rebecca? I think we must.
My campaign has been about accomplishments, ideas, achievable goals for our City and a strategy to reach those goals:
Please remember, this election is about Plainfield and what we can get done. Will you vote for the person best qualified to move our town forward?
Thank you
Rashid Burney
I abhored the mudslinging by members of both camps and have so written. However, Boss politics has had a most negative effect on Plainfield
I abhored the mudslinging by members of both camps and have so written. However, Boss politics has had a most negative effect on Plainfield
Yesterday's mailing by Jerry Green on Rebecca Williams was Jerry Green's mailing. Not mine. ----
ReplyDelete--- Doc that comment could not have said " I COMPLETELY DISTANCE MYSELF FROM THAT MAILER AND THE LESS THAN PROFESSIONAL NATURE OF JERRY GREEN FOR APPROVING OF IT " any less...
Shame...
You are the only voice of reason here. I think that people need to start voting for who they think is best, not whether they like or dislike Jerry Green.
ReplyDeleteDoes Jerry Green own the Democratic Party? Can I not vote for any Democrat because they are associated with Jerry? Does this include Obama?
I say to the people of Plainfield - go to the council meetings. Call upon your elected officials with your concerns.
If you like the way they vote, and if they are responsive to your concerns - then that is the person you vote for - and ENOUGH with the Jerry Green association.
This election is about Rashid Burney, not Jerry Green! Rebecca's consistent mudslinging has convinced many of us including me to vote for Rashid.
ReplyDeleteDoc, there are two lies from Dan Damon today.
ReplyDelete1. Rashid never sent out the mailer as Dan alleges.
2. Dan says the "move" was put out by a supporter, but when you go to the YouTube website, it clearly says "Rebecca4Council". So it was Rebecca who put out this "hate".
While Jerry may be in the race we must see who is talking about the issues. It is too convinent to focus on slime.
Only two lies today from Damon about this election? That's a new record--usually there have been more than two.
ReplyDeleteDoc, I'm really surprised that you apparently don't think the mailings put out by Rebecca & Co were so bad--in fact they were much slimier than anything Jerry Green has done. One lie after another about Rashid. Don't tell me you haven't noticed.
ReplyDelete