Thursday, June 24, 2010

JUNE 25.

June 24 one of the most uncomfortable days on record, but felt good to these aging bones. When I read the history of the weather in the 20s, the 30s and the 40s I wonder how we survived. The Liberty Theater was the first building in Plainfield to have "Air Conditioning" as well as the first one to play a sound movie. The sound tract was on records and often was not coordinated with the film.

Rather than writing a blog for the 25th, I would hope you reread mine of the 24th, especially the comments. I am completely in agreement with 1:08PM.

Since I have a quasi moral obligation to post daily as a substitute for full time employment, I am including four photos which I hope I have not posted before. Three are mine, the last one was emailed to me from a French WWII association.

Saint Jean de Losne on the Saone River.
The start of the Burgundy Canal is in the center

Two Serendipitous Ground Covers
Spring time with leaves of the fall
Cushing Rd "woods" opposite Kevin
One of the Normandy Beaches June 6,2010
It was not identified but I believe that it is Omaha
How peaceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment